PW Lightshow at Boutique Tone in Montreal

Reports from Canada
bitzerguy
RRF Consultant

PW Lightshow at Boutique Tone in Montreal

Post by bitzerguy »

Stopped in over the weekend for some parts for a pedal board and saw a JG lightshow hanging on the wall!! Could have knocked me over with a sneeze! Part of an 18 guitar collection placed there on consignment. Closer inspection revealed a pretty display of LED lights that were battery powered. Different but similar lens material than the original LS I saw at MARF, impeccable JG finish and details. It had to be a PW conversion. Very expensive though. My guess is it would cost less to buy a second hand 330 and have Paul do the conversion. Asking price was close to what you see real ones sell for on the Bay.

Anyway, the LS, a trans blue 4004, and two 4003s were part of the collection. I don't remember ever seeing that many Rics in one music store.
...Dean
Never, ever drool on your surf shirt. It wrecks the solo.

660/12FG, 350V63/6FG, 620/6JG, 360WB/6DBG, Dingwall C1 #001, Prestige Heritage Elite FM
collin

Re: PW Lightshow at Boutique Tone in Montreal

Post by collin »

bitzerguy wrote: It had to be a PW conversion. Very expensive though. .

It was a Dale Fortune conversion.
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Collin, isn't that your old MID-Blue? If not, it's just like it.

$7500.00? They're nuts! That would buy two of mine...Dale used to get $500.00 for these conversions...
bitzerguy
RRF Consultant

Post by bitzerguy »

I am verklempt.
I had no idea Dale had done some of these. I only really looked at the front and it seemed very well executed. I'll go back and see what I can see. I am sure it is not sold at the price they are asking.
...Dean
Never, ever drool on your surf shirt. It wrecks the solo.

660/12FG, 350V63/6FG, 620/6JG, 360WB/6DBG, Dingwall C1 #001, Prestige Heritage Elite FM
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

That's a crazy amount of money they are asking for that guitar. :shock:
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
collin

Post by collin »

jingle_jangle wrote:Collin, isn't that your old MID-Blue? If not, it's just like it.

$7500.00? They're nuts! That would buy two of mine...Dale used to get $500.00 for these conversions...

Nah, mine was a TUR 330/12 and I went for the power supply/stomp box setup. Wasn't too keen on the idea of battery supply.

I sold mine to Danotron, who traded it to Rock N Roll Vintage, who had it for sale last. All the conversions are good fun and cool, but not worth anywhere in the same league as $7.5K --that's nearly O.G. Lightshow territory. :lol:

Return to “Canadian Chapter: by Dean Steglia”