Atlantic City Pop Festival 1969 rare photo

Post by 1a12 »

acw_feat_popfest_dia_0293ts1-1.jpg
I think this is a pretty rare photo... :D
missing some knobs!!
242_foxtrot

Re: Atlantic City Pop Festival 1969 rare photo

Post by 242_foxtrot »

Wow.......very cool photo. I love the ACE strap and the multi colored guitar chord.
thymecube

Post by thymecube »

The night before the Atlantic City Pop Festival I saw The Byrds, Joe Cocker and I think Bonnie Raitt at Farleigh Dickenson Univ. in Rutherford, NJ.
An EXCELLENT show.... Joe and the Grease Band (damn they could kick it good) and The Byrds who as always during this period put on a really hot show.
I'm not sure who was supposed to top the bill originally, but Joe and the Grease Band went on first because he had to catch a ride up to the Woodstock Festival... and to R'n'R history.... Roger said the Byrds were off to a BIG festival in Atlantic City... all but forgotten today. I read somewhere Roger said that the Byrds were originally asked to play Woodstock but that the $$$ end was kinda shakey so they took the pass for that sure thing in Atlantic City.

Sometimes late at night I lie awake wondering how different things might have been for the Byrds and the rock world if that tight Byrds ensemble that was capable of such smoking performances as the recent Royal Albert Hall Concert had played Woodstock where so many were raised up to pop stardom.... but as anyone who follows Byrds' as carefully as I do knows... the Byrds' story is scattered with "what might have beens" ..... and that is what makes the "actually dids" so remarkably GREAT!
vynesmusic

Post by vynesmusic »

thymecube wrote:Sometimes late at night I lie awake wondering how different things might have been for the Byrds and the rock world if that tight Byrds ensemble that was capable of such smoking performances as the recent Royal Albert Hall Concert had played Woodstock where so many were raised up to pop stardom.... but as anyone who follows Byrds' as carefully as I do knows... the Byrds' story is scattered with "what might have beens" ..... and that is what makes the "actually dids" so remarkably GREAT!
I almost got kicked off the RIC Corp. site for saying this.....but......respectfully....with the exception of The Who, Hendrix, and Alvin Lee's 10 Years After, I don't think the Byrds missed anything at Woodstock..... :oops: :roll: :|
"All these things will be lost in time....like....tears....in rain...."----Roy Batty, Bladerunner

Return to “Byrds' Forum: by James Krause”