Needles and Pins -- The Play

Answers to your questions about The Searchers
royclough
RRF Consultant

Needles and Pins -- The Play

Post by royclough »

Some may be interested in below. A few years back now there was a play broadcast on Radio in UK called Needles and Pins, basically it was about someone losing his job and deciding he would finance a tour by original Searchers with his pay off.

For some reason set in Ireland, though writer Martin Lynch I assume may be Irish. Mike Pender is featured in the play.

I had it on cassette but thought I had either thrown it away in error or lent it someone and never got it back, however whilst doing a clearout of stuff it was"unearthed"as journalists like to say when an old recording is issued.

I have converted to mp3 format and if you want to listen you'll find the sound files in three parts roughly a hour long play.

Needles And Pns
here
chriscurtisfan

Re: Needles and Pins -- The Play

Post by chriscurtisfan »

Roy, I am anxiously waiting to listen to it tomorrow after work. Do you mean that Mike Pender is actually playing himself in this, so we will hear him singing or speaking?? I am certain I will love it!! Thank you for sending me those files. :)

Cheri
Dedicated to the best Drummer on Planet Earth (RIP) http://www.youtube.com/user/ChrisCurtisFan
royclough
RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

Yes he plays himself near end and introduces the play
sowhat
RRF Consultant

Post by sowhat »

Thanks!
Nice one, although to think how a person may become that fanatical about something — anything, actually — is sort of, ahem, scary. Good he got back to "reasonable" by the end. On the other hand, it's kind of sad at the same time.
Nothing will get you dead quicker than being deadly serious about yourself.
royclough
RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

It was fantasy Sheena
sowhat
RRF Consultant

Post by sowhat »

Right. A fantasy, a dream. But he did start doing something to make it come true, and seemed to be quite obstinate in reaching his goal, and then — just gave up so easily.
Oh well. Nevermind.
Nothing will get you dead quicker than being deadly serious about yourself.

Return to “Searchers' Forum: by Roy Clough”