Patiently Waiting for a Country Club

Gretsch Forum and For Sale Ads

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

caliban335

Patiently Waiting for a Country Club

Post by caliban335 »

My new (to me) Cadillac Green Country Club is on it's way to me via USPS. It's the Dyna'Sonic version with a spruce top and hump block markers. A previous owner wisely replaced the G-cut tailpiece with a Bigsby. Can't wait.
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Re: Patiently Waiting for a Country Club

Post by jingle_jangle »

You are awaiting the Top of the Pops. I'd take one of these over any two other new Gretsches!

I'm Cadillac Green with envy... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

jingle_jangle wrote:You are awaiting the Top of the Pops. I'd take one of these over any two other new Gretsches!

I'm Cadillac Green with envy... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
+1!
JimK
jch
Intermediate Member

Post by jch »

I love the Caddy green too,don't know why they ever dropped it from the Dyna Club range!

I missed out on one of these a few months ago, but it went to a good home in the end.

Congrats Chris,and post some pics when she arrives........please! :D
caliban335

Post by caliban335 »

The guitar arrived today and to my surprise & delight it's the olive green version of Caddy Green, not the blue-green metallic shade that I thought it to be. I kept looking at it indoors wondering which shade I had gotten. It was obvious once I took it outdoors to see in direct sunlight. The guitar will need new strings, a good setup and tweaks to the Dyna pole pieces, but it sounds great without all of that. I'll get some photos up over the weekend.
caliban335

Post by caliban335 »

These photos don't really do justice to the finish, as it appears more metallic than it really is. As cool looking as the SynchroSonic Melita bridge is, it rattles and I'm thinking it's also robbing sustain. I may go with a TruArc. The Dynas sound great. I'm still dialing them in, but they sound much better than when I first received the guitar.

Looks like I'll have to forgo the photos, as they're too large.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Chris: Congratulations. Please email me a photo and I will post it. The TruArc is a fantastic bridge. :)
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
elisha wiesner

Post by elisha wiesner »

As a recent owner of a Cadillac green Country Club myself I know how excited you must be. I have been playing mine every day for the past couple weeks. Really amazing guitar.

Return to “Going Gretsch Forum:”