Crazy to get 325c64?

The short-scale model that changed history

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

ces1965

Re: Crazy to get 325c64?

Post by ces1965 »

Well the two - getting the money and marital approval -- are closely related!! I'm close on the money. I wouldn't even be in the market but I received two monetary awards at work that were unexpected and in our household these (usually modest) bonuses go into our private funds for toys, etc. But the 325 is expensive - and used ones don't seem to be around much or even significantly cheaper than new ones. I'd rather buy new if I'm only going to save a few hundred.
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

I love my 325s. Well, technically one is a 320 but it plays the same. I'm glad you got to try one and liked it. To me it's like playing a full scale guitar with a capo at the third or fourth fret. It's a very fun and easy guitar to play once you adjust, fun because it's compact and fast, and easy because you have a lot less string tension to fight with. I hope you get one soon. I think you'll get real attached to it. :)
All I wanna do is rock!
egosheep
Intermediate Member

Post by egosheep »

I don't own a 325, but I wanted to chime in about the 350's... man, they just look wrong. What's strange is that the Combo 850's are full scale and with a similar body shape and they look so, so right.
Great Ramp In My Opinion.
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

egosheep wrote:I don't own a 325, but I wanted to chime in about the 350's... man, they just look wrong. What's strange is that the Combo 850's are full scale and with a similar body shape and they look so, so right.
My sentiments exactly.
All I wanna do is rock!
wj350
Advanced Member

Post by wj350 »

Ouch!! At one point I owned 5 325s....I decided to go back to a 350, :D :D .

Horses for courses, to paraphrase Sir Martin, eh?

Seriously, they're fine guitars...my clumsy fingers just feel a bit more comfortable on a slightly extended scale.
"Let me take you down...'cause I'm going to...."

Return to “Rickenbacker Vintage 325 Models: by Glen Lambert”