Kicking around the Idea...

Exceptional restoration is in the details

Moderator: jingle_jangle

Ivan3000
Advanced Member

Re: Kicking around the Idea...

Post by Ivan3000 »

I just looked at them, for some reason I just have a twisted loyalty to legit brands as oppose to fender copies or gibson copies, and especially Rickenbacker copies. The whole copy thing dosn't jive with me well. (Epi is fine because its a subsidiery of gibson for example) I'm sure it plays very well, I just have a weird stupid OCD-ism about that kind of stuff.
lennon211
Intermediate Member

Post by lennon211 »

The Eastwoods are good guitars that normally offer styles and models that haven't been offered for many years by major brands as well as many of the discontinued models of companies that have ceased to be. Very good playability and highly affordable.
Sarcasm just doesn't come through when you're typing...
Ivan3000
Advanced Member

Post by Ivan3000 »

Would I just be able to use an old guitar bridge from like a hard tail strat or something (a squire I picked up for parts)
Ivan3000
Advanced Member

Post by Ivan3000 »

It never quite worked out. I've decided to put all of my money towards saving for a 4001C64 Fireglo. Thanks to all who helped! :mrgreen:
clsatt

Post by clsatt »

I put one together form a bronco bass about a year ago. a hardtail strat type bridge worked great for mine and the pickup that comes stock in the bronco I bought actually had 6 poles under the cover already so I didn't change it. plugging and drilling the headstock wasn't too hard and the nut is the same dimentions as a strat nut so that can be swapped fairly easily. the whole job took about three hours to do and cost less than 200$ for the hardware. the strings are the trickiest thing to work out. ernieball makes a set but it's designed for their 4/2 headstock and the b and e strings were too short. I recomend getting the pricier fender ones so that you don't have to deal with that frustration.

all in all it worked fairly well-- I didn't care for the feel of the thing but that was likely because I couldn't get used to the strings.

do it, it's an easy to modify platform and it with a little routing you can actually fit pickups that aren't re-recycled and get some that are more specific to the sound you are after.

Chris
clsatt

Post by clsatt »

N/M how did I miss your last post...
Ivan3000
Advanced Member

Post by Ivan3000 »

Thanks for trying to help though! :mrgreen:

Return to “Reflections of a Curmudgeon: by Paul Wilczynski”