Anyone remember "Dark Shadows"?

Entertainment

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

octagon

Anyone remember "Dark Shadows"?

Post by octagon »

Dark Shadows (Link) was my favorite after school TV show and now it is on Netflix.

Tim Burton's film version comes out in 2012 with Johny Depp starring as Barnabuss Collins.

I wonder who will play Quentin?
Ontario_RIC_fan
Advanced Member

Re: Anyone remember "Dark Shadows"?

Post by Ontario_RIC_fan »

Jonathan Frid, who played Barnabas Collins is from my home town of Hamilton... Another Canadian in Hollywood, hanging out with Lorne Green and William Shatner... I met him after a show at Theatre Aquarius years ago... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brian Morton
A Rickenbacker Fan
in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
=========================
67 FG 625
74 JG 4000
76 JG 430
77 JG 620
77 JG 320
79 JG 4001
80 FG 620/12
81 BG 480
91 JG 610
02 BG 620
78 TR7
83 TR25
beatlefan

Post by beatlefan »

This show gave me nightmares ...... I can still hear the theme song *shivers violently*

:|
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

The series was what i couldn't wait to get home from junior high school to watch every day. I can't say i've enjoyed many of Tim Burton's last few movies,but i hope they do a good one for this! There were 2 memphians on the original cast,the lovely Lara Parker as Angelique,and the lovely Don Briscoe as a werewolf. The eeriest thing i remember about that show was a creatur called a leviathan,which was never shown,and was therefore pretty scary. ( had they shown anything,the show's low budget would have probably been unable to produce anything really scary) Cheepnis,anyone? :wink:
johnnysain

Post by johnnysain »

Why do all these movie makers need to taint so many original shows with modern versions?

Something is lacking in the 'creativity and innovation department' in this era.
Rickenbacker player since 1978
sixtwentytwelve

Post by sixtwentytwelve »

Strange but true: In the early 1970s I attended junior high for a couple of years in the building that was used for the exterior shots of "Collinwood Mansion." :twisted: :shock: :lol:

P.S. And, no, they never played "Monster Mash," not even once. :(
TheWonders

Post by TheWonders »

woodyng wrote:The series was what i couldn't wait to get home from junior high school to watch every day.
Me too! I'd literally run home from the bus stop and head straight for the old B/W TV. I really liked the show, and it didn't hurt to have Kathryn Leigh Scott in the cast! :wink:
octagon

Post by octagon »

TheWonders wrote:
woodyng wrote:The series was what i couldn't wait to get home from junior high school to watch every day.
Me too! I'd literally run home from the bus stop and head straight for the old B/W TV. I really liked the show, and it didn't hurt to have Kathryn Leigh Scott in the cast! :wink:
She wrote a novel based on her experiences working on the show,its called Dark Passages

wj350
Advanced Member

Post by wj350 »

Yep, stumbled on it one afternoon after coming home from school...it was the episode where Willie first opened the casket an that ringed hand grabs his neck, LOL...I was hooked.

Later on I had quite a crush on Angelique! :lol:
"Let me take you down...'cause I'm going to...."
ricaddic
Intermediate Member

Post by ricaddic »

used to watch it everyday after school with my sisters, we were hooked on the show, we had some great in the 60's..
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

woodyng wrote:The series was what i couldn't wait to get home from ... school to watch every day. ...
+1! :)
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
indianation65

Post by indianation65 »

Yes, I remember Dark Shadows as a kid, but now! Talk about "enough already!" The Burton/Depp combo has run it's freakin' course, at least to me. Did any of you see Charlie, Alice? How much more must we be brutalized? Actually, I did like a couple movies, but the pirates junk make Depp a superstar instead of an actor. He thinks, actually, others around him think he can play anything; what is it next, playing Ozzy? Yag...of course I'd like to be a movie star as well, and live a simple life, so yes, I'm a bit envious for now, but it will pass. However, Burton/Depp, again? Come'on already, enough! Frankenweenie here we come!

...wisdom
Indian Folklore and Wisdom—Love, Learn, Listen
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

indianation65 wrote:Yes, I remember Dark Shadows as a kid, but now! Talk about "enough already!" The Burton/Depp combo has run it's freakin' course, at least to me. Did any of you see Charlie, Alice? How much more must we be brutalized? Actually, I did like a couple movies, but the pirates junk make Depp a superstar instead of an actor. He thinks, actually, others around him think he can play anything; what is it next, playing Ozzy? Yag...of course I'd like to be a movie star as well, and live a simple life, so yes, I'm a bit envious for now, but it will pass. However, Burton/Depp, again? Come'on already, enough! Frankenweenie here we come!

...wisdom
A lot of what you have stated can be summarized as: there is currently a severe lack of originality and creativity in Hollywood.

We should refer to it now as ReHollywood because of all of the rehashing, reworking, remaking, ... :shock: :roll: :lol:
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
wj350
Advanced Member

Post by wj350 »

Just looking at the cast on imdb....the role of "Dr. Julia Hoffman" is certainly getting an upgrade :wink: :

"Let me take you down...'cause I'm going to...."

Return to “On Stage”