WORST RELIC OF THE DAY...

Exceptional restoration is in the details

Moderator: jingle_jangle

jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

WORST RELIC OF THE DAY...

Post by jingle_jangle »

If you have NO IDEA what you're doing, do it anyway and try to sell it to somebody even dopier than you...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Nitro-Re ... 6416078907

A beauty, huh?
libratune
Veteran RRF member

Re: WORST RELIC OF THE DAY...

Post by libratune »

Looks like it was caught in a belt sander, set on fire and plunged into a tub of dirty water to cool down . . . :roll:
Clint
Intermediate Member

Post by Clint »

"YES IT'S A REAL FENDER" He says. Right before he tells me that he custom made it in his shop? "Every @#@%#@%!# Fender Guitar built since Leo Sold the place , ARE ALL PARTCASTERS." The logic here, I can only assume, is that the guitar is , in fact, made of parts. (I especially like the old style MIM toploading bridge part.) But I must say that my favorite part is that after he's done cussing me out, he blesses me and mine. Nice touch.
Jangle, Chime & Twang.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Awesome! Bolded my favorite parts...

Oh and someone bid on it!!! $500, and it didn't hit reserve!!! LOL!!!

'roid rage? wrote:
For sale today is a Blue Frog Relic Nitro Finish Telecaster and before we get into all this YES ITS A FENDER but unlike anything FMIC does. I am a Custom Guitar Builder and have sold Countless Guitars over the years but I FINALLY HAVE GOTTEN FED UP WITH YOU SERIAL NUMBER PEOPLE!!!!!!! So now that we have that out of the way we can get down to business. This is a new guitar custom built in my shop in Tennesee just down the road a bit From Nashville(now you would think that alot of kick a** guitars come from there huh?) Well mine are no different. This a great Sonic Blue Alder Telecaster over Sunburst and "AGED". Back in the day WHEN A FENDER WAS A FENDER PRE-1965 IF YOU ORDERED A CUSTOM COLOR FROM FENDER THEY WOULD JUST GO GET A SUNBURST GUITAR AND SPRAY YOUR COLOR OF CHOICE OVER THE TOP OF IT AFTER YEARS OF GIGGIN' THE BURST WOULD SHOW BACK THRU. AND THIS THE FEEL AND EFFECT THAT I DO MY ABSOLUTE BEST TO REPRODUCE. GUITARS LIKE THESE SELL FOR 2000+ BUT I TRY TO GET MINE IN FOR A PRICE THAT A NORMAL WORKING GUY CAN AFFORD. AND YES I HAVE HAD ENOUGH "PARTS -CASTER" QUESTIONS THAT I DONT INTEND TO ANSWER ANYMORE OF THEM SO DONT WASTE MY TIME !!!!!!!!! Every @#@%#@%!#
[sic] Fender Guitar built since Leo Sold the place , ARE ALL PARTCASTERS. NOW THIS GUITAR HAS THAT CLASSIC TELE TWANG BUT WILL RIP IT UP IF NEED BE ,HOTTER PICKUPS JUST DEPENDS ON YOUR AMP SETTINGS THROUGH MY '69 FENDER SUPER REVERB ITS FABULOUS if you plug it in to a PIECE OF JUNK IT WILL SOUND LIKE THAT NOT MY GUITARS FAULT JUST A S****Y AMP. BUT CHECK THIS, THIS A 0001 NRT( FOR YOU SLOW PEOPLE THAT STANDS FOR NITRO RELIC TELECASTER) HEY I PLAN TO DO THIS FOREVER . GUITAR HAS MODERN "C" SHAPE BACK CONTOUR AND BIG 6100 FRETS VINTAGE STYLE TEXAS BLUES PICKUPS AND JUST LOOK AT THE PICS AGED HARDWARE FROM THE BRIDGE TO THE TUNERS ITS REALLY SPECIAL HELL IT MIGHT PUT YOUR KIDS OR GRANDCHILDREN THRU COLLEGE ONE DAY AND THEN MAYBE NOT?????? ME AS A GUITAR PLAYER SECOND GUITAR BUILDER FIRST I HOPE IT WORKS OUT THAT WAY BUT THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER SERIAL NUMBER 0001 (I'M JUST SAYING) SO I HOPE YOU LIKE IT !!!!! SHIPS IN THE SAME TOLEX TWEED CASE AS IN THE PICS. HAPPY BIDDING AND GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS!!!!!!!!
chrisdski
Intermediate Member

Post by chrisdski »

What, no cigarette burns on the headstock? amateur.
Hotzenplotz
Intermediate Member

Post by Hotzenplotz »

Does not look a second like a used guitar...
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

I'll take two, please! If I ever have grandchildren I want to make sure I have the money to get them through college. :lol: :wink:
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Another socially-inept, attitude-laden, opinionated, grumpy, hermit-like router jockey. Reminds me of that character who rips on 480s...whatshisname...

"You need me more than I need you", gets old real fast.
Ivan3000
Advanced Member

Post by Ivan3000 »

It looks Rusty. :roll:
Hotzenplotz
Intermediate Member

Post by Hotzenplotz »

@Paul:

In another thread (the COY 360V64) you were looking for a slobber icon.

- Now I need another icon...

Aaargh!

Found it!
Ivan3000
Advanced Member

Post by Ivan3000 »

Hotzenplotz wrote:@Paul:

In another thread (the COY 360V64) you were looking for a slobber icon.

- Now I need another icon...

Aaargh!

Found it!
Thats not on the icon list! :lol:
Hotzenplotz
Intermediate Member

Post by Hotzenplotz »

Well, normally I avoid using icons. But in this case...

Some people like this re... thing (no, I do not write the not existing word!), some not. That is o.k. for me.

But the work fits to the text below the article.
bvstudios

Post by bvstudios »

I’m sorry, but I honestly just don’t get this entire “relic-ing” concept, never mind the hideous example above, which looks to me like it spent a few too many days in the dumpster behind the café instead of being played/enjoyed inside.

If I go and spend money on an instrument that comes with a pedigree (“used by **** ****** onstage for ten years”) and it comes with some patina or wear, that’s one thing. It even adds to the mystique of the axe, but to spend extra on a new guitar fresh from the factory that has already been “aged” reminds me too much of those fake antiques back in the 60’s where unscrupulous dealers would literally take bicycle chains to perfectly good furniture in order to charge more for it. If someone handed me the 335 used by Roy Clark for twenty-five years, a 6120 Gretsch used by Brian Setzer, or one of McGuinn’s 360/70’s, I’d treasure every nick and scratch, but what’s so special about buying a guitar that’s already been beat up before playing a single chord??

Okay- those who are fans of relic’ing can weigh in and educate me, now……
Hotzenplotz
Intermediate Member

Post by Hotzenplotz »

+1

In my opinion there is just one way to an authentic aged guitar, looking had a hard day's life: play it, play it, play it!
Last edited by Hotzenplotz on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

+2 8)

Return to “Reflections of a Curmudgeon: by Paul Wilczynski”