Vintage 365 through brand new PA system!

Rolling the Finest in Digital Movies
melibreits

Vintage 365 through brand new PA system!

Post by melibreits »

Just got all of the components of my new PA system set up over the weekend..... It consists of two JBL Eon 515XT speakers and a JBL Eon 500 bass subwoofer, run through an Allen & Heath Zed 10FX mixer. I love the speakers: they beautifully replicate the sound of my acoustic guitars with sparkling clarity, and sound as natural as can be. But I had to test the system with an electric guitar too, so decided to start with an old favorite, my 1967 vintage Rickenbacker 365, with a bit of lovely reverb added from the mixer. Here is my original song Dreamer's Eyes:

beatbyrd
Intermediate Member

Re: Vintage 365 through brand new PA system!

Post by beatbyrd »

Hi Melissa, I watched/listened to your video and really enjoyed it. The sound on the clip is pretty clean and well balanced and sounds way better than a lot of YT vids. The Rick comes through very well. At different times during the song, I was thinking of the various artists that I could picture covering it (early Led Zep, Judy Collins, Stevie Nicks, Chris Isaak, and even the current Canadian duo: DaLa). Seriously? Zep?....... Yup.
Very nice job, Mel. Please make some more. Tom
It's a Byrd, it's a playin'..........

'73 4001 MG
'09 360/12 FG
'10 360/6 FG
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

Guitar direct in the PA? Sounds pretty doggone good to my ears! :D
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

This is a great version (of your song) Melissa. Love the sound of your new PA system btw.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

Thanks, guys.... I am really happy with my new system.

Tom, I never really thought about artists who could cover my song, but I think I know what you mean about Zep--they probably could have dramatically brought out that brooding melancholy edge a little bit.... it would be interesting to hear how they would interpret my song!

Return to “Videos by RRF Members”