Quilter MicroPro 200

Non-Rickenbacker Guitars & Effects

Moderator: jingle_jangle

elreydlp
Intermediate Member

Quilter MicroPro 200

Post by elreydlp »

For the last couple of months I've been testing two prototype amps for Quilter Labs (Pat Quilter is the "Q" in QSC Audio). The original prototype was a 200 watt solid state amps with an 8" speaker and Overdrive, Tremolo, Limiter and a VERY wet Reverb. Pat's younger bro' Matt is a monster Surf player, so that was a given. I was quite impressed with the overall sound, volume, and versatility of the Champ-sized package.
The second prototype has completely different cosmetics and has added a number of features. More overdrives, amp models, and a boost have been added, and effects are foot-switchable with the optional floor board. Of interest to Rick enthusiasts is the on-board Limiter. Setting it at 12:00 greatly enhanced the jangle of my 330-12.
Quilter is offering 50 pre-production MP-200s at a discount and with the floorboard included through their "First 50" program. If you're interested, contact Chris Parks at Quilter:

chrisparks@quilterlabs.com.

Please tell him Skip referred you and you read about it on the RickResource Forum.

Return to “Forum 51 - The Quest For Tone: by Mike Snow”