Here they are

Reports from the United Kingdom
SoundAffectsMusic

Re: Here they are

Post by SoundAffectsMusic »

by Wildberry » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:19 am

As for interest in them: people only will be interested if they know about the item - next to that, pictures sell. There's a picture on RIC's FB site, but not yet at Sound Affects
The one on Facebook isn't necessarily destined for us so I was a bit cautious about putting the picture on our site. Will post one as soon as we have it together with the exact spec (there is talk of an f-hole)....

I have a 330/6 MD with gold and I think it looks great...
8mileshigh

Post by 8mileshigh »

I do love an F hole.......
scotty

Post by scotty »

8mileshigh wrote:I do love an F hole.......
hmmmnn nuff said...

Talk of an f hole hmmnnnn that would be interesting if indeed it were true but lets face it there no point in starting to speculate as all it does is fill threads up with peoples dream guitar scenarios. Ill have one in FG ;)

typical recently with Rickenbacker guitars its like waiting on a bus nothing happens for ages then all of a sudden 3 come at the same time.
Out of all the new things the Ruby is winning it for me at the moment.Ill have a 330/12 thank kupe!
krick
Veteran RRF member

Post by krick »

My favorite f hole model is Montezuma Brown with gold:
Attachments
MVC-018S.JPG
godber
Advanced Member

Post by godber »

krick wrote:
My favorite f hole model is Montezuma Brown with gold:

...and I can see why. That is stunning Kevin!
scotty

Post by scotty »

Yeah that looks great.gold and MB is a winner.
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

SoundAffectsMusic wrote:there is talk of an f-hole
Let us know the second you have pictures, please! I'm not too fond of f-holes on Rickies, but maybe it will be different with this pearlie white!
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
SoundAffectsMusic

by Wildberry » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:35 pm

Let us know the second you have pictures, please! I'm not too fond of f-holes on Rickies, but maybe it will be different with this pearlie white!
Will do, although I suspect that'll be the day I get 'em

I'm going to find it really hard not to take one home....
fireglo67

Post by fireglo67 »

I found this guitar online. It's called the 'Liberace'.

Kinda looks familiar............. :lol:
Attachments
Liberace.jpg
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

SoundAffectsMusic wrote:I'm going to find it really hard not to take one home....
Maybe you can say it accidentally got stuck in your pocket :wink:
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
SoundAffectsMusic

by Wildberry » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:10 pm

Maybe you can say it accidentally got stuck in your pocket
Mmmmm I think I'll have a hunt on E-Bay for some trousers with really big pockets....
redamber

Post by redamber »

Dear oh Dear.... First Walnutburst, then Pearl White and now (post NAMM) Ruby - and all within the space of about two months!

What on earth is the Ric Corporation's marketing strategy? I know that there is a backlog in the Ric factory production cycle, but at a time when the world is in recession and high-end guitars are dropping in value day by day (and both dealers and collectors are off-loading stock at heavily discounted prices), surely what is needed now is some real innovation, rather than just producing the same standard products painted in different colours. Just look at the crazy asking prices for new Ric stock on eBay and read the forums about stock being transferred between dealers and some non-approved retailers - the warning signs are there for all to see.

For example, as a Ric collector, recently I was able to complete my collection of Ric 650s - comprising a 650A Atlantis, 650C Colorado, 650D Dakota, 650E Excalibur and 650S Sierra. Four of these five guitars are no longer in production. I already have two of the one 650 model which is still available - the 650C Colorado (one in Mapleglo and one in Fireglo) - so why on earth would I want to add another one in Ruby, which is not even a limited Colour of the Year (COY)? Just as significantly, I confess that I covet my collection of 650s far more than some of the product which is now coming on to the market - so what is the incentive for me to buy new Ric guitars?

I urge John & Ben Hall to rethink where the Rickenbacker brand is going. I do not suggest that Rickenbacker goes the same way as Fender and Gibson with multiple world-wide manufacturing plants, budget brand names, Custom Shops and a confusing and constantly changing product range which is totally bewildering to the average buyer (but great fun for the anoraks out there). However, there must surely be some way of producing innovative designs which are faithful to the legacy of the Rickenbacker name, but also represent real advances in the way forward. Let me put this another way: one could surmise that the Ric Corporation has been 'dining out' on the association with the Beatles, the Byrds, the Who (Townshend), the Bangles (Hoffs) etc for the last thirty or forty years. But there is a whole new generation growing up (my son is one) who know little or nothing about these bands - so where will Rickenbacker be in the memory and conscience of the music world in another twenty years time .... and what impact will this have on the brand?

OK - enough from me. Contrary to what you might think, I am, and will always remain, a totally committed Ric enthusiast and collector.

This post may simply be the ramblings of a sad old man. On the other hand, it may be the most important thing which I ever contribute to the RRF - that is for others to decide. All I ask is that there is at least some debate about this important issue. After all, we in the Forum are the customers and the marketing manuals state that the customers are always right!
Santa visits only once a year, but Santa Ana delivers Rics all year round.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

SoundAffectsMusic wrote:
by Wildberry » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:10 pm

Maybe you can say it accidentally got stuck in your pocket
Mmmmm I think I'll have a hunt on E-Bay for some trousers with really big pockets....
Wrong trousers! :mrgreen:

david/wales/u.k

Post by david/wales/u.k »

The walnutburst ones are on Rics facebook I think...They look beautiful
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Walnut is a great finish as is Kevin's Montezuma Brown posted in this thread.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Return to “United Kingdom Chapter”