Mr. Tambourine Man Recording

Those who flock to The Byrds
pehayes2

Post by pehayes2 »

It's been a while since The Byrds Collective has posted any recordings. We recorded a bunch of songs in October and they are now getting finished with the mixing process. We re-recorded Mr.Tambourine Man for a couple of reasons. The first time we recorded the song, was when we first started out. We all recorded our tracks individually. We never even played together on the song. This time, it's live (in the studio) with vocals track separately. No overdubs.

I posted The World Turns All Around Her in the Rickenbacker Recordings By Members section (we don't want to spam and wear out our welcome).

Please if you have a chance, let us know what you think. :D :D

Here's the link
http://ByrdsCollective.bandvista.com/ut ... file=26061

Or if you wish here's the link to the web page http://thebyrdscollective.com/EOTR
Pat
beatbyrd
Intermediate Member

Re: Mr. Tambourine Man Recording

Post by beatbyrd »

Sounds good to me, Pat. You guys just keep getting better and better. I think that having all the instrument tracks done 'live' made a difference. The last version that the Byrds Collective did was done really well, but I think that you've managed to make this one even better. I went back out to your website and was knocked out by the BC remastered recordings. Tom
It's a Byrd, it's a playin'..........

'73 4001 MG
'09 360/12 FG
'10 360/6 FG
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

beatbyrd wrote: The last version that the Byrds Collective did was done really well, but I think that you've managed to make this one even better.
Amen to that !! :D
Great job, Pat. MTM has a great sound and presence to it and the BC harmony vocal always hit their mark ! :wink:
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

You guys do indeed keep getting better and better. Thanks for posting the links.
JimK
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

Live in the studio: That's how Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers have always played (except that period from 1988-1991), The Beatles recorded their first two albums and The Rolling Stones have done from 1964-1966, 1978-present. It's a good method and that's how I'd record a band.

Thanks for sharing this, Pat. Really captures the feel of the band. You guys are one of the main reasons I've flocked to The Byrds this year, as I told you in an email. You get better every recording (live or studio) I hear. Well done.

Hope to see you guys play again soon.
stsang

Post by stsang »

Great stuff, Pat! Your web page is pretty slick too.
2010 360/12c63 FG
2002 360/12 MG (mod with 7.4K scatterwound toasters, push/pull switch for 0.0047uF bridge cap)
Folkie
Advanced Member

Post by Folkie »

More nice work, Pat! It sounds like you have the whole McGuinn thing going: Rick 12, Janglebox, and metal fingerpicks. Please keep posting. You're doing a wonderful service to the forum. :!:

Robert
pehayes2

Post by pehayes2 »

Hey guys, I want to thank each and everyone one of you very very much for:

a. Taking time out of your busy day to listen to our recordings.
b. Taking even more time to write a response about your views.

It is really appreciated. I know that it takes time to think about what you are going to write and then put the pen to paper, so to speak.

We're glad you seem to enjoy the songs and (god knows we don't make any money off them). This is our reward. And for that, we thank you.

Happy Holidays to everyone. Jim, Tom, Jake, Simon, Rich and Robert - best wishes.

Pat
kvalois

Post by kvalois »

Excellent production!!!! :D

Return to “Byrds' Forum: by James Krause”