Pets with Ricks

Pet stories & photos

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

winston
Membership Admin

Pets with Ricks

Post by winston »

My little girl and the JG 350 a few years ago when she was still very social. These days she's in a world of her own most of the time.
Nikita and the 350.jpg
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Re: Pets with Ricks

Post by kiramdear »

Is that Nikita? I didn't know she was ailing. :(
All I wanna do is rock!
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Nikita has become very withdrawn Kira and will only eat when she is alone. She often just stares off into space, but she is quite healthy otherwise. Old age is affecting her in an odd way. She's still a loving little dog mind you. :D
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Oh, OK, well we're all getting stranger by the day, I've been noticing ... :lol: I'm glad she's in good health.
All I wanna do is rock!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Sorry to hear about that, Brian, but as long as she does eat and is healthy, all is good. 8)
winston wrote:...often just stares off into space...
Hmm, that sounds familiar! :lol:
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Staring off into space................can be a great way to pass the time. :wink: How's my composition and lighting on the subject Jeff?

jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Very nice, Brian. I like the soft light coming in from the window (I assume) and the way you show just enough of the Rick to get one's attention, without stealing the spotlight from Nikita. If there is anything to criticize at all, it would be that I would have added a white bounce card or something similar to add a bit of fill to her face and add sparkle to her right eye. Of course, that depends on how long Nikita planned on sticking around for the portrait session. 8)
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Some more sparkle. (I just figured out how to do this, too! :wink: ).

I warmed the color temperature up a bit, also, on my monitor the overall scene was a bit blue.
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Wow! That small adjustment made a huge difference Jeff. I had all of 15 seconds to get that shot. It was just fortunate that I had my camera in my hand.

Return to “Creatures”