Photos of Johns 325 with Hofner Knobs ?

The short-scale model that changed history

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Medicus1963

Photos of Johns 325 with Hofner Knobs ?

Post by Medicus1963 »

Hi folks,

has anybody seen Photos of Johns 325, especially in mapleglo with the Hofner Teacup Knobs and Bigsby ?

Thanks

Peter
All you need is love and a rick !
admin
Site Admin

Re: Photos of Johns 325 with Hofner Knobs ?

Post by admin »

There are a few photos here.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
Medicus1963

Post by Medicus1963 »

Thank you Peter,

So it seems that there are never the Hofner Knobs and mapleglo finnish together. It is a pity, but I think this would be a good looking combination !
wj350
Advanced Member

Post by wj350 »

When I had my little 325 collection, I thought so too--I set up my MG 325 with Hofner knobs. Not Beatle-spec, but I thought they looked (and worked) great!

Of the 325s I owned, I miss that one the most.
"Let me take you down...'cause I'm going to...."
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

A real corker, Bill. Thanks for this stunning photo.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
Medicus1963

Post by Medicus1963 »

Yeah Bill,

i have seen this in the gallery ! Looks great ! The Hofner knobs are better to achieve in germany but cost about 40€ (4pcs.). The original Radio Knobs (Not Burns) are rarely seen in the internet ! Does anybody know how to get them ?
I think they are called Beaver radio knobs.

Peter
wj350
Advanced Member

Post by wj350 »

Those radio knobs are the source of numerous obsessions, LOL...I occasionally hear of someone trying to orchestrate a low-level production of repros, but haven't read of anything recently that's taken hold. On the rare occasion they pop up, the asking prices are usually criminal.

I thought I stumbled upon a source at an old radio parts store in NYC a few years back--they looked like a perfect match in the photos...unfortunately when I got them, they were roughly the size of saucers, :lol: :lol: Live and learn I guess...

As to the Hofners, IIRC, I bought mine from a guy on Ebay for about $7 apiece. Had to ream them out a tad to fit the pots on the Ric. I think Gary at NorthCoast used to sell them as well, though slightly more expensive. Haven't checked in ages to see if he still offers them though.
"Let me take you down...'cause I'm going to...."

Return to “Rickenbacker Vintage 325 Models: by Glen Lambert”