Jangleboxes?

Non-Rickenbacker Guitars & Effects

Moderator: jingle_jangle

fatcat
Intermediate Member

Re: Jangleboxes?

Post by fatcat »

iamthebassman wrote:Anyone try a bass thru a JB? I'm gonna need a new compressor pedal and sounds like the JB is a quality piece.
I did,and found it not suitable for my needs.
I use an Aphex punch factory,and like it mucho.
wordsonyou

Post by wordsonyou »

great clips folks!
bowser2533

Post by bowser2533 »

I just bought the silver jb with just the 2 knobs and the 3 way toggle switch it sounds great for live gigs. All you have to do is set it and forget it. Its plain and simple. I dont like adjusting knobs all nite. I would rather focus on playing rather than turning knobs all nite. It has the same sound as all the other jbs. Its just less hasstle.Gary
drumbob
RRF Consultant

Post by drumbob »

All I'm going to add is, the Janglebox nails the Roger McGuinn/Byrds Rick 12 string sound better than anything on the planet. I could not be without mine. The modded Keeley isn't bad, but the JB is king.
fatcat
Intermediate Member

Post by fatcat »

If set and forget is waht you need, then the original design versions do just fine.
However, I got used to reaching for the 370-12RM's knob to change the boost during the song, and to replicate that action it was just a bit difficult to do with the JB.
Having a footswitch on the Limited Edition (or the JB2) makes that much easier for moi.

Now I play on a 660-12 and have retired the RM.

Return to “Forum 51 - The Quest For Tone: by Mike Snow”