Yet another - It Won't Be Wrong

Those who flock to The Byrds
pehayes2

Yet another - It Won't Be Wrong

Post by pehayes2 »

I had lunch with Tom (BeatByrd) today (we happen to work in the same building) and he encouraged me to post our version of It Won't Be Wrong.

Tom did such a good job on his recording, I was really hesitant to put this one out for review.

So, from the upcoming and never seemingly like it will be finish, CD; End Of The Road this is The Byrds Collective's take on It Won't Be Wrong. http://ByrdsCollective.bandvista.com/ut ... file=26811 and as always, if the link doesn't work you can get to it at our website (I'm not sure if we are allowed to post a link so I will error on the side of caution.)

Thanks for listening.

-Pat
jimk
RRF Consultant

Re: Yet another - It Won't Be Wrong

Post by jimk »

You know, what impresses me about the Byrds' Collective is that while remaining very faithful to the original recordings, the band manages to stamp each song with its own personality. Very nicely done.
JimK
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

That was fantastic Pat. Thanks for sharing that with us. :D
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
pehayes2

Post by pehayes2 »

Thank you both Brian and Jim. That was very nice of you to say. We try to be as close as the original but I guess we put our own spin on the songs without realizing it.
beatbyrd
Intermediate Member

Post by beatbyrd »

OK, Pat..... what's our next tune?

To tell the truth, Pat and I have had a number of psychic connection moments where one anticipated the thoughts of the other. The strangest one was when I met Pat and the Byrds Collective for the first time at a SoCal Rick jam on a Saturday and then ran into him (in the lobby of the building where we work) on Monday morning (2 days later). "You work here?" "Yeah, you work here?" "Yeah." There are 50(?) floors and at least 1500 people working in that building. And there are many buildings like that in Los Angeles. There were some fairly long odds on that happening.

I enjoyed the BC version of the song very much. It actually sounds like a band and far more lifelike than mine. Tom

Anyone else have a version of the song kicking around?
It's a Byrd, it's a playin'..........

'73 4001 MG
'09 360/12 FG
'10 360/6 FG
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

I don't have a version of it kicking around. But I think the three of us need to get together at SCARF.
JimK
beatbyrd
Intermediate Member

Post by beatbyrd »

jimk wrote:I don't have a version of it kicking around. But I think the three of us need to get together at SCARF.
JimK
Jim, are saying that you and your newly returned Rick are coming out to SoCal again this year? Here's hoping!!
It's a Byrd, it's a playin'..........

'73 4001 MG
'09 360/12 FG
'10 360/6 FG
Rick

Post by Rick »

Wow! That's really good!

I gotta practice more ... and learn how to sing ... and teach our bass player how to stay in time. :D

Tx for the inspiration.
rickinroma
RRF Consultant

Post by rickinroma »

great!
pehayes2

Post by pehayes2 »

Richard - Timing is way over rated. :lol:
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

beatbyrd wrote:
jimk wrote:I don't have a version of it kicking around. But I think the three of us need to get together at SCARF.
JimK
Jim, are saying that you and your newly returned Rick are coming out to SoCal again this year? Here's hoping!!
Affirmative, 10-4 good buddy, and a big eh-yuh. I mean I bought that flight case last year. I may as well use it for something, right?
JimK
janglebox

Post by janglebox »

Wow. Sensational version.
pehayes2

Post by pehayes2 »

Steve. We couldn't reproduce the sound of the Byrds with out your great Janglebox Both Mark and Dave use them.

Thanks for such a great sounding product.
wmthor
Veteran RRF member

Post by wmthor »

Thanks for sharing.
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH
Folkie
Advanced Member

Post by Folkie »

I think Jim hit the nail on the head when he said that your version is faithful to the original while at the same time your own. I would very much like to see the Byrds Collective in action sometime! 8)

Return to “Byrds' Forum: by James Krause”