U.K. ANYONE ???

Entertainment

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

BAD RONBO, KiLLeR DWaRfS
Professional Player

U.K. ANYONE ???

Post by BAD RONBO, KiLLeR DWaRfS »

got me ticket to see U.K. in toronto may 12. missed them backing jethro tull in '79 at the maple leaf gardens. after 33 years i get to see the same line-up that played then and my fave line-up to boot ! :D yippy !!!
aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

Re: U.K. ANYONE ???

Post by aceonbass »

I was lucky enough to see them open for Tull as well as on another tour. There doesn't seem to be too much out there on this tour though. Time to did deeper.
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

i had no idea that any of them were doing this...so who is in this touring line-up,anyway?

i saw them headline once at the Orpheum theater in Memphis. their first lp had just been issued,so the line-up was Jobson/Bruford/Wetton/Holdsworth. great show!
BAD RONBO, KiLLeR DWaRfS
Professional Player

wetton, jobson and bozzio. called the "night after night" 2012 tour. gonna be great ! bozzio is a monster !
aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by aceonbass »

I had hoped that UK's original lineup with Bruford and Holdsworth was touring, although I'd see them again with Bozio. As a side note, I briefly had a band with Warren Cuccurullo in '86, and he told me then that when they were putting together Missing Persons, Terry couldn't distance himself enough from UK while trying to get a record deal.
BAD RONBO, KiLLeR DWaRfS
Professional Player

terry kinda got the **** end of the stick in U.K. as all the songs he recorded on danger money were already played and mapped out with the previous lineup with bruford and holdsworth. great power drummer. saw him at a drum clinic here in buffalo with his million piece drum kit :lol: . saw wetton here on his solo acoustic tour in '95.
BAD RONBO, KiLLeR DWaRfS
Professional Player

one month til U.K. !!! :D
BAD RONBO, KiLLeR DWaRfS
Professional Player

MAY 12...U.K. put on a great show depite using a local crew and having many technical difficulties. wetton was in fine voice with all the subtleties and belowing he's known for. bozzio being 62 and playing like the animal he's known for is still amazing after all these 33 years since this lineup played ! it was jobson's baby as he himself put this all together and booked all the shows. was in fine form on keys and violin. the audience was understanding to the tech probs and complexity of performing this kind of music under those conditions. kudos.
DriftSpace

Post by DriftSpace »

U.K.? Hell yes.
Billsbro

Post by Billsbro »

I wish they were heading my way.
I saw the original line-up twice on their first tour in 78. VERY good shows! I got some decent shots too. Holdsworth was an ALIEN in his playing. I have one shot of him fingering the most bizarre chord with a huge stretch.
Enjoy the new show!

Return to “On Stage”