All-original rare vintage masking tape!!!

Exceptional restoration is in the details

Moderator: jingle_jangle

collin

All-original rare vintage masking tape!!!

Post by collin »

This seller should change his name to PT Barnum. Wow. :shock:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1963-Masking-Ta ... _500wt_922
paologregorio

Re: All-original rare vintage masking tape!!!

Post by paologregorio »

Good grief! I've been throwing away gold for years!
There is no reason to ever be bored.

...why yes, I suppose I do have a double bound guitar fetish...

"Uh, I like the double bounds. . . ."
Keef

Post by Keef »

:shock:
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

I have a whole roll of that, somewhere. Just think what it could be worth!!! :shock: :mrgreen:
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

I did a 1/4 scale model car project for Nissan about 20 years ago that required a generic chassis underneath it.

Since we were under a crazy-tight deadline, I determined that it would be quicker to buy an old Renwal "Visible Chassis" kit and modify it, than it would be to scratch-build a chassis with all the required features (working suspension, steerable wheels, rolling tires, etc.). This was before Ebay, and I tapped into the local model car network and found three of these unbuilt kits from two sellers at $450.00 each. I bought all three, and kept 2 for spares.

The one I opened to raid for parts was from 1963, and most parts were packaged in small heat-sealed poly bags. I put some Beach Boys on the shop stereo and, opening all dozen or so of the bags, breathed genuine 1963 air, thirty years later. It tasted strange, and a week later I came down with a really bad cold; my first in about a decade.

I still wonder...
Keef

Post by Keef »

Hermetically sealed 1963 vintage cold, or should I say NOS cold virus... costs a little more, but it's worth it!

That reminds me of a story from that grand fountain of truth, The Weekly World News (you may remember their biggest news hit "Bat Boy"). The 'newspaper' had a weekly column called My America, by Ed Anger (you can see where this is going already I'm sure). Anyway, he was going on about air pollution and his scientific solution was for everyone in the country with cars from the 50's to let the air out of their tires on a specific day and PRESTO! Fresh, clean air from the 1950's!! Problem solved! I just hope there won't be any commie cold spores in that air... :shock:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I missed that it was only a few hours away from me. I could have saved on shipping. :)
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Return to “Reflections of a Curmudgeon: by Paul Wilczynski”