Rare 1983 370WB?

Transition years of Rickenbacker Guitars from 1973-1983 inclusive

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

8mileshigher

Rare 1983 370WB

Post by 8mileshigher »

Sean, welcome aboard the RRF and your JetGlo 370 WB is awesome ! !
(As mentioned, I have one myself). :)

You can see pics of how my JetGlo WB changed it's look on this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=399718&start=0&hil ... +of+the+WB
Woodroce

Re: Rare 1983 370WB?

Post by Woodroce »

Thanks again for the warm welcome, everyone. This is a good place to be, I can tell already.

Ontario_RIC_fan wrote:December 1983... Rickenbacker was not making many guitars at that point... Definitely a rare one!

SN is WL 16??

Post more pics if you can! We never get tired of looking at them! :D :D

Yes, my serial number is WL 1670.

I will post more pictures soon, I promise!

analogpackrat wrote:Nice one, Sean! Welcome to the forum. It's hard to beat a JG WB model for classic and timeless looks. Congrats and be prepared for the inevitable second Rick :)
My wife's not so sure about THAT happening any time soon. I have two Martin acoustics and an Ibanez Artcore electric. The new Rickenbacker surely outclasses the Ibanez, but behind my Martin D-35 is how I perform. I hope to get an electric band going someday so that I can play out with my Rickenbacker. Maybe I will sit-in with one of my friend's bands one of these days and give the Ric a real workout.

8mileshigher wrote:Sean, welcome aboard the RRF and your JetGlo 370 WB is awesome ! !

Thanks, Rich. It's so awesome to have such a unique Rickenbacker! So, once I put mine in, you and I have the only JG 370WBs in the Rickenbacker register? That's wicked! I like the mods you did to yours, fersher! I think I am going to leave mine stock for a while. I just love her so much the way she is, I wouldn't dream of changing anything right now. Well, except for giving her a vigorous cleaning!

8mileshigher

Rare 1983 370WB?

Post by 8mileshigher »

Woodroce wrote:.

Thanks again for the warm welcome, everyone. This is a good place to be, I can tell already.

8mileshigher wrote:Sean, welcome aboard the RRF and your JetGlo 370 WB is awesome ! !

Thanks, Rich. It's so awesome to have such a unique Rickenbacker! So, once I put mine in, you and I have the only JG 370WBs in the Rickenbacker register? That's wicked! I like the mods you did to yours, fersher! I think I am going to leave mine stock for a while. I just love her so much the way she is, I wouldn't dream of changing anything right now. Well, except for giving her a vigorous cleaning!
I'm sure there are a few JetGlo Double Bounds around, but probably a lot of them are 12-strings like V64s or C63s, etc.
Keeping a beautiful 80s Ric "stock" is real cool, too. :)
Folkie
Advanced Member

Post by Folkie »

You've got yourself a rare bird, Sean. Beautiful instrument! How does it sound? :D
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

A somewhat belated welcome, Sean! :)
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Transition Years - 1973 to 1983”