Ebony fingerboards

Non-Rickenbacker Guitars & Effects

Moderator: jingle_jangle

aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

Re: Ebony fingerboards

Post by aceonbass »

Don't judge me Werner. I do my research.
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

Guys,

Perhaps you might like to self edit this one. I'm not locking but would appreciate cooler heads for a bit?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

As always we will let people express their opinion but any offensive comments will be edited.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

My Gretsch Tenny has a dyed ebony fingerboard. When I first bought the guitar it needed a lot of work, and some rockabilly guy had worn a crater into the original rosewood fingerboard playing hillbilly riffs, down by the open "E" first position; I had the choice of having the rosewood fingerboard filled, or replaced. I chose to have the fingerboard replaced with ebony. The luthier ordered a few planks of ebony, and let me view and select the piece I wanted. While doing so, he explained that although already dark, the ebony would be dyed for the ultra-dark, familiar ebony color. He also mentioned that the practiced was fairly common.
There is no reason to ever be bored.

...why yes, I suppose I do have a double bound guitar fetish...

"Uh, I like the double bounds. . . ."
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have a stratocaster with an ebony fretboard that I love and so far it has stood up.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

I have a plank of ebony I found in the stomach of a Dolphin I snared that I use to club baby seals with, works great! :lol:
antipodean

Post by antipodean »

whojamfan wrote:I have a plank of ebony I found in the stomach of a Dolphin I snared that I use to club baby seals with, works great! :lol:
Is there enough weight in the plank to carve out a harpoon for me for next whale season?
"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop
aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by aceonbass »

Spoken like the true consumers most people are. Yep...use everything up till there is no more. The very notion that there is not an infinite amount of resources in the world must be some left wing conspiracy... :?
Grey
Advanced Member

Post by Grey »

antipodean wrote:Is there enough weight in the plank to carve out a harpoon for me for next whale season?
Can I have the leftovers after you carve your harpoon? I'd like to make an ebony fork to use when eating Veal.
antipodean

Post by antipodean »

aceonbass wrote:Spoken like the true consumers most people are. Yep...use everything up till there is no more. The very notion that there is not an infinite amount of resources in the world must be some left wing conspiracy... :?
I don't think Mike really clubs seals in his spare time (though you can never be sure), and I actually gave up whaling a few years back after reading "Moby Dick".... I decided to take up thylacine hunting instead.
"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop
Ivan3000
Advanced Member

Post by Ivan3000 »

Grey wrote:
antipodean wrote:Is there enough weight in the plank to carve out a harpoon for me for next whale season?
Can I have the leftovers after you carve your harpoon? I'd like to make an ebony fork to use when eating Veal.

Can I have the leather from the leftovers of your veal cow? I'm gonna make a sweet strap for my solid ebony bass with blood diamond inlays on the fretboard.

Return to “Forum 51 - The Quest For Tone: by Mike Snow”