Country gentleman or tennessee rose

Gretsch Forum and For Sale Ads

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

guitman
Professional Player

Re: Country gentleman or tennessee rose

Post by guitman »

Between a Country Gentleman or a Tennessee Rose? Definitely the Gentleman. The Rose has really weak pickups. A Duo with Dynas is really good too. I'm not just talking Beatles songs, the Country Gent and Duo Jet are way more versatile than the Rose. I've played all of the mentioned guitars though I don't currently own 'em.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - Sprung
Medicus1963

Post by Medicus1963 »

Hi all,
I finally decided to sell the Duojet, though i like the shape very much, but missed the "twang" in the pickups. Maybe some vintage Dynasonic have this ?
But then I got my tennesee rose from 2005, new old stock, an wow, it has the sound and playability i hoped to get. And it was so much improved with the stainless steel Tru-arc Bridge. This Bridge is much better than the stock bar bridge which has an 16" radius, and the fretboard is 12" !!

So i am very happy with my decision !

Peter
All you need is love and a rick !
Clifton

Post by Clifton »

Congrats on the new guitar!

I just bought a Gretsch 6119 Tennessee Rose from a friend. From what I can tell, it was made around 2004. It's the more "modern" version, with real F holes and no zero fret. It has Filter Trons on it. The bridge isn't the metal bar--closer to an Adjust-O-Matic. What a great guitar and a great sound! It was basically as close as I could get to George's Tennessean on the budget I have, and I'm very happy with it. The silver pickup rings are cracked, so I might end up replacing them. The pickups themselves have some light green/blue oxidation on them (were they left underwater for a while?) but they sound really great! The guitar sounds incredible through my Vox AC15. Great combination of guitar and amp!
guitman
Professional Player

Post by guitman »

Clifton wrote:Congrats on the new guitar!

I just bought a Gretsch 6119 Tennessee Rose from a friend. From what I can tell, it was made around 2004. It's the more "modern" version, with real F holes and no zero fret. It has Filter Trons on it. The bridge isn't the metal bar--closer to an Adjust-O-Matic. What a great guitar and a great sound! It was basically as close as I could get to George's Tennessean on the budget I have, and I'm very happy with it. The silver pickup rings are cracked, so I might end up replacing them. The pickups themselves have some light green/blue oxidation on them (were they left underwater for a while?) but they sound really great! The guitar sounds incredible through my Vox AC15. Great combination of guitar and amp!
Filtertrons are a big improvement over the weaker single coil HiLoTrons usually found in the 6119. Congrats on your new guitar!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - Sprung

Return to “Going Gretsch Forum:”