Janglebell Rock® SCARF 12/8/12

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jimk
RRF Consultant

Re: Janglebell Rock® SCARF 12/8/12

Post by jimk »

I went ahead and added my name and contributions. I'm really going to try to get there. I need a Left Coast fix like you wouldn't believe.
JimK
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Latest headcount. I hope Jim K. can be moved from maybe to jamming attendee.

Headcount update, only counting people who will jam, so far:

Jamming Attendees:
Bobbo
Dale E.
Dane (friend of Tim & Dale)
Dan-o
David O.
Frank S.
Gary
Joey
John & Jenny N.
Jonathan
Mark S.
Nick H.
Scott & Spence J.
Snowman
Steve F.
Rich F.
Rich S. (bassist friend of Dale)
Rudy O.
Tim O.
Vicky (Ecuababe Rock)

Maybes:
Colin N.
Jim K.
JT Auger
Mark H.
Tom O'K.

Regrets:
Collin W.
David T. (datru)
Jay H.
Vito
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
vynesmusic

Post by vynesmusic »

rickenbrother wrote:Here in So Cal, we just can't get enough of our jams. We really didn't have a SCARF this year either. So we're going to close the year with sort of a Christmas party with one more event. Hey, what if the Mayans were right?! :mrgreen:
This event will be at:
Malone's Bar and Grill
604 East Dyer Road
Santa Ana, Calif 92704
God, I wish I lived in California...... :( I'd be there in a New York freakin' minute......I'm stuck here in Dixie where Leonard Skinnerd reigns supreme, there are 17,000,000 "guitar hobbyists", 2 drummers and 1 bass player in the Atlanta area who can't sing and can only play solos......me and my Rick 360-12 will be there in spirit---you cats have a great gig, and BLOW IT OUT!!!! :D
"All these things will be lost in time....like....tears....in rain...."----Roy Batty, Bladerunner
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

rickenbrother wrote:Latest headcount. I hope Jim K. can be moved from maybe to jamming attendee.

Headcount update, only counting people who will jam, so far:

Jamming Attendees:
Bobbo
Dale E.
Dan-o
David O.
Frank S.
Gary
Joey
John & Jenny N.
Jonathan
Mark S.
Nick H.
Scott & Spence J.
Snowman
Steve F.
Rich F.
Rudy O.
Tim O.
Vicky (Ecuababe Rock)

Maybes:
Colin N.
Jim K.
JT Auger
Mark H.
Tom O'K.

Regrets:
Collin W.
David T. (datru)
Jay H.
Vito
Sorry to do this, but after a review with my CFO, aka Patrice, it looks like it just ain't gonna happen.
JimK
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Jim K --- noted your situation and sorry you will not be able to make it. :(

= = = = = = = = =

Gee B --- hopefully you can plan a little vacation trip around one of the Confluence/Jam events one of these times. We'd like to have you join in the fun ! :)
s4001

Post by s4001 »

8mileshigher wrote:Joey, thanks for setting up the Jam Songs List :)
Yep. I may jump into the list a little more this time.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

8mileshigher wrote:Jim K --- noted your situation and sorry you will not be able to make it. :(

= = = = = = = = =

Gee B --- hopefully you can plan a little vacation trip around one of the Confluence/Jam events one of these times. We'd like to have you join in the fun ! :)
+1 Jim, I took the liberty of removing your name from the spots that you took on the sheet to open them up for others. Really sorry you can't make it. :(
Gee: Maybe you'll make it to one of our jams.

Jamming Attendees:
Bobbo
Dale E.
Dan-o
David O.
Frank S.
Gary
Harlan Ray A.
Joey
John & Jenny N.
Jonathan
Mark S.
Nick H.
Scott & Spence J.
Scott K.
Snowman
Steve F.
Rich F.
Rob M.
Rudy O.
Tim O.
Vicky (Ecuababe Rock)

Maybes:
Colin N.
JT Auger
Mark H.
Tom O'K.

Regrets:
Collin W.
David T. (datru)
Jay H.
Jim K
Vito

I was talking with Gary yesterday. We're thinking of also using another stage sign-up sheet to move people along on the stage better. That way no one is on stage for more than a few songs at at time and no one will be left out of jamming. Exceptions to that would be if the person is the only lead singer, bassist, drummer, etc, available at the time. It will also be helpful if Paulie can't make it. He's good at MCing and directing stage traffic.
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

Yeah, I'm really bummed about not making it. And thanks for removing my name from the sign up list. I just hadn't gotten around to that yet.
JimK
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Attention Janglebell Rock® Drummers ! !
We are most grateful that Forum member Tim O. will be providing his drum kit for the jam :D
All Jam Drummers are reminded to bring their own snares and cymbals ! !

Guitar Amps:
And could we ask those who brought guitar amps to the last events at Malone's, if you could please bring your amps again this time. We want to get the amps and equipment set up early so that Malone's sound man can mike them all. :wink:
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Alright yous guys, fill up the sign-in sheet, or the cat gets it!! :mrgreen:
Janglebell Rock® Sign-up Sheet
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

In addition to the other reminders ---- don't forget the golden rule of Confluences
Please Bring Sufficient Guitar and Bass stands for all your instruments ! ! !

:) :) :)

The Jams Song list can be found -
Janglebell Rock® Sign-up Sheet

= = = = = = = = = =

Let's get some more RSVPs coming in folks and please "sign up" for some favorite tunes, as it helps us coordinate the groupings going on and off stage, so that everybody gets a chance to play on the songs they enjoy !!! :wink: :) :)
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Just giving this thread a little "B-U-M-P" looking for some more RSVP's

The next Southern Calif Rickenbacker enthusiasts Confluence-Jam event is:

Janglebell Rock® SCARF
Saturday, December 8th --- Noon till 6:30 PM

Malone's Bar and Grill
604 East Dyer Road
Santa Ana, CA 92704

You can easily sign-up to play some favorite Jam songs with the Google spread sheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... fUFE#gid=0

Remember to bring sufficient guitar and bass stands !!
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

For any of you who have never attended a So Cal Rickenbacker Confluence-Jam, here are some pictures from the last two events. In October we held the "Ricktoberfest®" and on Labor Day Weekend there was the "Whole Lotta Shakin Jam" and both were held at the Malone's venue in Santa Ana.

For any of you with child-care duties on the weekend, you will be happy to know you can bring your kids to Malone's and they are welcome. There is no charge for spouses, significant-others or kids to attend the jam. The only restriction on kids is that they cannot sit at the bar; they have to keep a safe distance from the pool table to avoid accidents and no touching the Rics !

Here's a few pics from Ricktoberfest®
Attachments
Bobbo on the JetGlo 230, John V on vocals and FG V64 and Joey on the Ruby 4004
Bobbo on the JetGlo 230, John V on vocals and FG V64 and Joey on the Ruby 4004
Gary on the McGuinn Limited Edition, Tim and Joey
Gary on the McGuinn Limited Edition, Tim and Joey
JH (stage right playing the 4004) with Hautewerk
JH (stage right playing the 4004) with Hautewerk
Jangle all the way with Dale with Firego 360-12, Rich with JG V64-12, Tim on 4001 and new Forum member Dave O on JetGlo 660-12
Jangle all the way with Dale with Firego 360-12, Rich with JG V64-12, Tim on 4001 and new Forum member Dave O on JetGlo 660-12
Another one with the 12-string armada: Dale FG 360-12. Rich JG V64-12, Tim 4001, Dave O with JG 660-12 and Gary with the FG McGuinn 370 Limited Edition
Another one with the 12-string armada: Dale FG 360-12. Rich JG V64-12, Tim 4001, Dave O with JG 660-12 and Gary with the FG McGuinn 370 Limited Edition
Last edited by 8mileshigher on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

For those who have not attended a So Cal Confluence before .... and to give you a taste of what you can expect at JangleBell Rock® here's a few pics from the Labor Day Weekend Ricken Jam at Malone's:
Attachments
John V on vocals and playing the 230 model and Louis C on the MapleGlo 610 model
John V on vocals and playing the 230 model and Louis C on the MapleGlo 610 model
Three Double Bounds on stage: Paulie on Big Red, J-Dog on Vocals, Rich on JG 370 WB, Dan-o on the Rose Morris and Joey on the Ruby 4004.  Both Paulie's and Dan-o's Double Bounds were restored by luthier Larry Davis.
Three Double Bounds on stage: Paulie on Big Red, J-Dog on Vocals, Rich on JG 370 WB, Dan-o on the Rose Morris and Joey on the Ruby 4004. Both Paulie's and Dan-o's Double Bounds were restored by luthier Larry Davis.
Dave O on far left, Scotty on lead vocals, Rich on the 480, Vito on FG 360 and the edge of Joey on the Ruby bass
Dave O on far left, Scotty on lead vocals, Rich on the 480, Vito on FG 360 and the edge of Joey on the Ruby bass
The Ricken Ramones with Brad on lead vocals and Spence on the Daphne Blue 480, Jonathan on Big Red, Cindalee on drums and Scotty on the JG 4001
The Ricken Ramones with Brad on lead vocals and Spence on the Daphne Blue 480, Jonathan on Big Red, Cindalee on drums and Scotty on the JG 4001
Jerry with his Rose Morris and Gary with the McGuinn Limited Edition share the microphone
Jerry with his Rose Morris and Gary with the McGuinn Limited Edition share the microphone
Bobbo with JG 330, Paulie with Big Red, Tony S belting out the lead vocals, Rich on the 370 WB, Joey on the Ruby 4004 and Dan-o on the Rose Morris
Bobbo with JG 330, Paulie with Big Red, Tony S belting out the lead vocals, Rich on the 370 WB, Joey on the Ruby 4004 and Dan-o on the Rose Morris
BuddyDog
Intermediate Member

Post by BuddyDog »

Thanks for the photo reminders, Rich! Looking forward to the upcoming jam.

Thought it appropriate to make post # 500 here 8)
2009 360/6 Fire-Glo 2009 360/12C63 FG 1975 4001 White/BT
Chords mangled, no waiting!

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”