RRF CD1 2008

Showcasing Artists contributing to the
RRF CDs 1-4.
admin
Site Admin

RRF CD1 2008

Post by admin »

Now a collectors item we hope to make downloads of the first RRF CD in the near future. I thought it might be nice to reminisce a bit with regard to the first compilation album mastered by Tony Carey in the UK. This CD was released in 2008 and there was much excitement as RRF personalities entered the CD players of members around the world. I have included the cover and track listing from this CD here.
RRFCD1front.jpg
RRFCD1back.jpg
There are so very many standouts on this CD, but one that immediately comes to mind is the track, "Picture of Her" by the Shamus Twins. A terrific upbeat pop number with great harmonies and superlative 12 string playing. I still remember the chills I felt listening to the wondrous chime of the Rickenbacker 12, as the Twins blew us over with this fine song.
I am interested in your comments and memories from CD1.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Re: RRF CD1 2008

Post by sloop_john_b »

admin wrote: There are so very many standouts on this CD, but one that immediately comes to mind is the track, "Picture of Her" by the Shamus Twins. A terrific upbeat pop number with great harmonies and superlative 12 string playing. I still remember the chills I felt listening to the wondrous chime of the Rickenbacker 12, as the Twins blew us over with this fine song.
Absolutely! What a great track!

Return to “Reviews of RickResource Compilation CDs”