New (old) Dog Day

Pet stories & photos

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

beatbyrd
Intermediate Member

New (old) Dog Day

Post by beatbyrd »

Well, one year ago today, I posted a thread about Casey & Teaser, my two Border Collies. Teaser was the sole survivor for a few years, but had to be put down in October, 2011. After 14 months or so of 'no pets', we decided to get another dog. This time, we wanted a rescue dog.

Today, we brought home a very nervous 5 or 6 year old Border Collie. The dog has been shuffled around a lot in her life. Originally, the dog was relinquished by a hoarder, who had many, many dogs (in various condition). The dog has been in and out of shelters, sent to rescue groups, adopted and returned to rescue, and on and on...... We're gonna try our best to make this the last and permanent home for this poor kid. We don't know the dog's date of birth or its real name. One of the adopters (who had her for 2 years) named her "Strawberry" (which we think is pretty lame). We won't change her name, just because she has been through too many changes already. We don't know what commands she responds to or if she has suffered any abuse. We do know that she has been neglected at times and we're working on fixing that already. It's going to be a journey of discovery for all of us. We're confident that with the right amount of TLC, she'll be fine.

This is the only clear picture I got after trying for 20 minutes. Pacing, pacing, pacing. We are stunned that anyone would give up this beautiful girl!!!
IMG_0678.crop.small.jpg
It's a Byrd, it's a playin'..........

'73 4001 MG
'09 360/12 FG
'10 360/6 FG
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: New (old) Dog Day

Post by jps »

Good luck with her, Tom. 8) She does look pretty nervous in that photo, so patience all around is going to be a necessity.
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Awww! She's beautiful. I'm sure this story will have a happy ending. :)
All I wanna do is rock!
T.A.R.
Intermediate Member

Post by T.A.R. »

Good Luck Tom I think what you're doing is great.
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

Good stuff getting an adopted dog, Tom! Good luck - keep us posted how it goes!
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Borders are the best! Some patience and a lot of lovin' will set things right...
8)
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...

Return to “Creatures”