contacting Roger

Those who flock to The Byrds
kvalois

contacting Roger

Post by kvalois »

Hi, all:

Does anyone know what happened to the e-mail link that Roger has had for 15 years on his home page-- the one that is available on the FAQ section? For some time now, when you click on it, nothing happens!!!!

Does Roger NOT want us to contact him anymore??? :D :D :D

Karl
idealassets

Re: contacting Roger

Post by idealassets »

Does anyone know what happened to the e-mail link that Roger has had for 15 years on his home page
Even when my email went through to Roger, I didn't get an answer. I'll bet he gets asked the same questions all the time. This is not unusual since other musicians have similar email links, and also never answer. I emailed Phil Keaggy and didn't get an answer also. It doesn't take me long to catch a hint.
2007 Guild F412 Blond
2011 Rickenbacker 360/12 Maple
david/wales/u.k

Post by david/wales/u.k »

I emailed Johnny Marr and he answered same day :D
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

Dick Dale always answers :D :D :D
kvalois

Post by kvalois »

Hi, everyone:

For what it's worth, Roger has just listed on Twitter an e-mail account: mcguinn@gmail.com :D
Zurdo

Post by Zurdo »

dumb question but, why would anyone want to contact McGuinn? or MCartney for that matter? :shock:
these people live in a prison called "Fame", they have bodyguards and stuff like that. They live a life of "fear".

Being not-famous is not so bad when you think about it, nobody cares about you, and THAT is Freedom!

BTW: I sent an e-mail to Sofia Loren and never got an answer either...
Rickenbacker 370-12 1966, Hofner 500/1 1966, Gibson ES-150 DCW 1970,
Vox Viscount 1967, Vox Series 90 1969. Yamaha PSR-9000 Midi Sequencer Arranger 2000
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

Zurdo wrote:dumb question but, why would anyone want to contact McGuinn? or MCartney for that matter? :shock:
these people live in a prison called "Fame", they have bodyguards and stuff like that. They live a life of "fear".

Being not-famous is not so bad when you think about it, nobody cares about you, and THAT is Freedom!

Actually, Roger leads a very normal lifestyle, not cluttered by bodyguards or abnormal security that any of us would have. I've never gotten the sense he lives in any fear and I've had many good times with him in public places where there's been nothing but wonderful experiences.

I also know that he responds to e-mail to the extent that his schedule allows and that the topic is reasonable or appropriate.

To me, he seems like just another normal, nice, all around sort of guy. In fact, with only a couple of exceptions, most of the people I've had the opportunity to deal with are just plain nice folks. For what it's worth, those exceptions were invariable rather minor celebrities that thought rather more of themselves, while the biggest actual celebrities were some of the nicest people.
libratune
Veteran RRF member

Post by libratune »

johnhall wrote:
Zurdo wrote:dumb question but, why would anyone want to contact McGuinn? or MCartney for that matter? :shock:

Actually, Roger leads a very normal lifestyle, not cluttered by bodyguards or abnormal security that any of us would have. I've never gotten the sense he lives in any fear and I've had many good times with him in public places where there's been nothing but wonderful experiences.

I also know that he responds to e-mail to the extent that his schedule allows and that the topic is reasonable or appropriate.

To me, he seems like just another normal, nice, all around sort of guy. In fact, with only a couple of exceptions, most of the people I've had the opportunity to deal with are just plain nice folks. For what it's worth, those exceptions were invariable rather minor celebrities that thought rather more of themselves, while the biggest actual celebrities were some of the nicest people.
Thanks for sharing your insights, John. That's good to know.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

johnhall wrote:...In fact, with only a couple of exceptions, most of the people I've had the opportunity to deal with are just plain nice folks. For what it's worth, those exceptions were invariable rather minor celebrities that thought rather more of themselves, while the biggest actual celebrities were some of the nicest people.
This has been my experience, also, during the few years that I lived in Los Angeles. Through the jobs I had while there I met and got to know a whole lot of celebrities; with only two specific exceptions they were all great, friendly, down to Earth people.
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

Me, three. The Hollywood celebrities I've met on my SoCal visits have been very kind and overall pleasant and grateful for their fans. In fact, Jon Cryer and Jim Parsons have both been very gracious and good to me. The minor celebrities I've met were two newscasters, and they both seemed cynical and into themselves.
Attachments
Scan_Cryer.jpg
Scan0010.jpg
100_0399.JPG
Scan0012.jpg
david/wales/u.k

Post by david/wales/u.k »

Maybe SOPHIA Loren would have replied had you spelt her name correctly! :twisted:

Return to “Byrds' Forum: by James Krause”