Music Rooms & Playing Areas - Show Yours!

Capturing Guitar images
Grey
Advanced Member

Music Rooms & Playing Areas - Show Yours!

Post by Grey »

A general topic for pictures of your instrument rooms, playing areas, however you spell it and whatever size it is, post it! Do you display your instruments? Line the walls with posters and cover the floor with cables? Let's see!
guitars2013.png
admin
Site Admin

Re: Music Rooms & Playing Areas - Show Yours!

Post by admin »

Very nice and so neat and tidy. Mine is a bit of a nightmare. Time to clean up the wires before a photo.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
scotty

Post by scotty »

I like your choice of movies nice tidy room im with Peter I might need to do a tidy up
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

scotty wrote:I like your choice of movies...
Yes, indeed!

Did you tidy up just for the photo op? :shock:

Great topic idea, too. 8)
Grey
Advanced Member

Post by Grey »

Thanks, no, I didn't tidy up. I'm a bit of a neat freak and this is how it always looks. :oops:
rickyfricky
Intermediate Member

Post by rickyfricky »

And you keep your Rickenbackers cased! Good call. :)
Watch those teeth, Marlin. I'm not sure we've properly sedated the beast . . .
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

admin wrote:Very nice and so neat and tidy. Mine is a bit of a nightmare. Time to clean up the wires before a photo.
Yep, very nice Erik! 'Fraid I can't show mine either. :oops:
Grey
Advanced Member

Post by Grey »

rickyfricky wrote:And you keep your Rickenbackers cased! Good call. :)
Ah, well, my Rickenbacker may be in the hands of a certain someone on the west coast at the moment.

Don't tidy up! A messy music room has its charm.
teb
Advanced Member

Post by teb »

Mine is all stuffed into a quiet (yeah, right) corner of my office (except for the synthesizer, which only comes out when I'm recording something and need it, or late at night when I decide to fill the neighborhood with creepy sounds). Actually, when I'm playing, I'm usually just listening through headphones. There are, however, those nice spring days when I crank up the Ric-O-Sound through the two mini-stacks, open the windows and let it rip.
Attachments
corner.jpg
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

I hope to have one later this year! I will be enclosing an in-house single car garage to make a separate laundry room and 3rd bedroom for the house. Hopefully,this project will be the last major one for this residence,which has pretty much been completely redone over the last 5 years. The new "bedroom" will be my home office and music room,so i can get that stuff out of the guest bedroom.
Grey
Advanced Member

Post by Grey »

I like those Vox amps, Todd.
teb
Advanced Member

Post by teb »

I keep thinking that I should buy a more impressive amp for the twelves, but despite being only 15 watts each and solid state, those two will kick some serious butt when cranked up - as well as providing great tone. I don't think I ever played a concert hall where they wouldn't have done the job, and when they're doing their stuff I really have no feeling at all that the sound lacks anything, or any idea of what I would like them to do better. The only thing they're missing that I'd like to have would be a pair of tiny Vox chrome dollies for them, just because they would be really cool (and expensive, because they would have to be custom built). For twelve-string jangle, I like the tone of the cab with four eights (brown grille) a little better than the twin ten version (black grille). I had to hunt for it because they imported a lot less of the 8" model, but it was worth the wait. I run the neck and bridge pickups through that one with the Janglebox and fill-in the low end a bit by running the middle pickup through the twin-ten, sometimes with a chorus pedal or a Boss Enhancer pedal. My brother has a Night Train 15 head that he uses for his mandolins (should be a pretty wild ride) and one of these days, I'll have to make him bring it over to try it on these two closed-back cabinets.

I had a Traynor YCV40WR for a while, which was a gorgeous amp but I didn't need a tenth of the volume for what I was doing. I also had a JC120 that was the same deal, great tone but extremely loud for my purposes. Since I can't think of any good reason to replace the Vox twins, I guess I'm stuck with them. For recording though, I run through the big Traynor tube bass head with JJs and straight into the board. That amp has better tone control for a Rickenbacker twelve than anything I've found so far.
Attachments
smrs-00a3.jpg
Grey
Advanced Member

Post by Grey »

That's really cool that you can run them in Stereo like that. Is your guitar there modded with an extra knob?
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

Grey wrote:That's really cool that you can run them in Stereo like that. Is your guitar there modded with an extra knob?
+1 Would be nice to know how that guitar's wired indeed :D
teb wrote:There are, however, those nice spring days when I crank up the Ric-O-Sound through the two mini-stacks, open the windows and let it rip.
Uhm, why open the window when I see little trees in your picture? What kind of diorama is it?

In my new place I don't have any space for a separate playing room anymore. I could show you a picture how my guitars are all stacked in front of my wardrobe! :roll:
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
bartyclue
Intermediate Member

Post by bartyclue »

My home Studio is a mess at the moment.. so I will pass on that pic for now. Luckily I have a key to another room.. my buddies studio where on Friday nights we get together and drink beer and Jam.. perfect way to end the week. Some of the best players in town show up occasionally (...and the occasional drunk spectator who thinks he can sing). Here is some of those boys doing Floyds "comfortably numb"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvPvQ_u0cz4
546.jpg
541.jpg

Return to “Photography By RRF Members: by Jeffrey Scott”