Hartke VXL Bass Attack pedal

Non-Rickenbacker Basses, Fretless Basses & Effects

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Hartke VXL Bass Attack pedal

Post by cheyenne »

Anyone got one? http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BassAttack/

For the money, Im still a little shell shocked by how nice this thing is. I bet a 4003 would like it.
"Knowledge is Power"
woodyng

Re: Hartke VXL Bass Attack pedal

Post by woodyng »

I had one of the Hartke amp heads for a few years,that had the dual channels for solid state and tube (ax7) you could combine them,it sounded pretty good if you blended them. Not sure if this is the same type of circuit,altho the ad alludes to "the famous (legendary?) Hartke sound. I always thought it sounded a bit thin,but i was playing a modulus jazz bass and a SD-loaded 4002 at the time,so it might have sounded better with a p bass......it looks like this pedal does about the same thing as the Tech 21 VT. (Which i find indispensable these days.) it does look really sturdy/heavy duty.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

I have not tried one of the BA pedals, yet, but if I were looking for a preamp in a pedal format I would most likely get an Aguilar Tone Hammer given how great my Tone Hammer 500 amp sounds. 8)
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

I'm not sure what the "Hartke sound" is all about, as this is my first piece of Hartke gear. I've had the Tech 21 stuff though, bass driver, para-driver, RBI, RPM, and the VT. They all share the same sound to an extent, and are great pieces of gear. I do think I like the Hartke's distortion better though.... Jeff, I cant speak for the tone hammer, never tried one, but I've heard nothing but good things about them.

The thing I'm passing along is the price point for this thing. If your not sold on one of the above mentioned pedals, give the Hartke a try. At $99 bux shipped, you really cant go wrong.
"Knowledge is Power"
RickyBubba
Intermediate Member

Post by RickyBubba »

Similar good prices abound on the Bay too, just have to watch the shipping etc.

Return to “The Low End”