2013: Another Bay Area (BARC)...Again, one of these days ?

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Re: 2013: Another Bay Area (BARC)...Again, one of these days

Post by rickenbrother »

Steve, I hope your doggie is all better soon!
Have fun today! Take lots of pictures to post here!
Doug, I'm sure there will be a So Cal event later this year. Maybe you can join us then!
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
modrock

Post by modrock »

Thanks Doug, I loaded up OK, so I should have no problem with an amp and three guitars and various accessories. See you in a few minutes.... :D

Gary F. ( modrock )
8mileshigher

Today Sat May18th;Bay Area (BARC)Again, one of these da

Post by 8mileshigher »

I just reloaded my gear back into the car and I will be heading for BARC in a few minutes.
See everyone there !!

Joey & Paulie -- thanks for the good wishes :) and we're sorry you guys couldn't make it this time around :(
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Safe travels!

I am sorry that I couldn't make it to this one. It's just a little too far to make a day trip out of it! :(
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

doctorwho wrote:Safe travels!

I am sorry that I couldn't make it to this one. It's just a little too far to make a day trip out of it! :(
When I moved to Los Angeles in 1984 I arrived on a Monday evening after driving across from Ohio; the following Thursday morning we set out to Yosemite for the day, left L.A. around 6AM and got back around midnight. :wink:
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Well, I'm home now. It was a good time for all, and a lively jam. Thanks to our two newcomers, Johnnie and Mike, and to all the regulars who came back this year.

I'm pooped!
All I wanna do is rock!
8mileshigher

2013: Another Bay Area (BARC)...Again, one of these days

Post by 8mileshigher »

kiramdear wrote: It was a good time for all, and a lively jam. Thanks to our two newcomers, Johnnie and Mike, and to all the regulars who came back this year. I'm pooped!
+1 What Kira said .... once again there were some cool Rics on display and being played ! 8) We appreciate Mike sitting in on drums and his girlfriend helped us out on several vocals, too. Many thanks to Kira for coordinating things .... and John A for singing so many tunes (as having someone covering the vocals is often the challenge at a jam). I am exhausted after today's lively session ! Looking forward to seeing some pictures posted by BARC attendees.
doctorwho wrote:Safe travels!
I am sorry that I couldn't make it to this one.
We missed you, Gary !! :( Thanks for the well wishes ...
Last edited by 8mileshigher on Sun May 19, 2013 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Don't let Rich fool you. He did the lion's share of the organizing and deserves all the credit for our success! 8)
All I wanna do is rock!
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

jps wrote:... in 1984 ...
Yes, i had a lot more energy 29 years ago, too! :shock: :roll: :lol: 8)
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
modrock

Post by modrock »

Yep, I unloaded my car in Santa Rosa and sat down, had one beer, and couldn't move except to go to bed. Geez, to think I used to do this on weekend nights 40 years ago :lol: :lol: :lol:

A great time was had by all. Nice to meet new people, and Mike, I hope your Vox amp is OK...My fretting hand is sore and muscles ache all over ! Great time, thanks Rick, Kira, everyone did their part. Doug, hope you had a relatively calm ride home. Nice meeting Johnnie and Mike. we've got a lefty bass player now, and a drummer/guitar player.

Today is 'take it easy ' day for me. The lawn can wait until next week for all I care... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've got some phone photos, but I'm sure Rich has some great photos.....he used a 'real' camera !

Good time was had by all ! ( I gotta get some pedals ) :oops:

Gary F. ( modrock )
modrock

Post by modrock »

:oops: :oops: :oops: Rick ??? Sorry, I meant Rich..... :D
Lefty4001

Post by Lefty4001 »

Hot damn that was fun. Thank you to everyone who organized, shared and tolerated. Kira and I are already working on a project wherein I, as the bass player, will play the correct notes, as opposed to my avant garde excursions yesterday.

Hey John A....if we had an accordion, would you have been able to sit in on that, too? Wow. And the rest of you, all I have are these Jangley little melodies running through my head this morning. That's not a bad thing. :wink:

I'm looking forward to the next one, which should be soon, right? Due to some different unfortunate circumstances, about half of the group could not make it. So Maybe BARC2013b (v2.0?). But if not, soon.

There were alot of great looking (and sounding) instruments there yesterday. I think I may start a black hardware search for the 4003S. My photos were not great, so I will let others share.

One picture that doesn't exist, because I realized it too late, would have been a line-up of the 4000 series basses. We had the full 2x2 matrix of headstock/wing combinations: '74 4001LH (lefty wings, "righty" headstock), Harry's '75 4001 Walnutglo (Rwings, Rhead), '93 4003S-LH (Lwings, Lhead) and John's 4001C64(S? Rwings, Lhead).

Anyway, thanks again. It was great meeting all of you and I hope to see you soon.
'turn up the bass'
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

So who's got pictures? :)
All I wanna do is rock!
analogpackrat

Post by analogpackrat »

Pictures on the way. For now you can view them here:

http://s11.photobucket.com/user/AnalogP ... 013%20BARC

Gary, I felt much the same when I got home last night. I unloaded my car, ate some dinner, and turned into a useless lump on the sofa. But it was well worth it. Thanks to RIch and Kira for putting it together. It was good to see some familiar faces (and guitars, basses, and amps) and some new ones! Mike did an awesome job on drums and Johnnie really got into the jam once he got over the initial butterflies. Mike's girlfriend did a great Grace Slick impersonation on White Rabbit. I was really glad that John A. and Harry were able to join us--you guys ROCK!

We had a few firsts for BARC: The jam featured songs by The Cure (Just Like Heaven), Ozzy Osborne (???), and Neil Diamond (Cracklin' Rosie). All instruments played by BARC attendees (we didn't need help from the friendly staff at Music Spectrum. I think the volume at the jam was a notch or two higher than in the past, but it wasn't obnoxiously loud.

Have a safe drive down to SoCal tomorrow, Rich. I'm looking forward to the next event.
If it is to be, it is up to me.
8mileshigher

2013: Another Bay Area (BARC)...Again, one of these days ?

Post by 8mileshigher »

Gary & Johnnie --- and Doug and Mike and John and Harry etc.
Please post what ever pics you have, cell phone pics are OK.

I won't be able to post pictures until later this week when I get back to So Cal as our camera ran out of power at the Confluence and the only device to charge the camera did not make the trip up here. Meantime, I am worried about the quality of pics I took because they kept looking blurred :oops: .... so I hope I got a few decent quality pics :roll: :(

Postscript: Doug -- looks like you were able to get some :D good pictures there on your photobucket link that captured the spirit of BARC !

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”