Need a 650 Atlantis.

Modern years of Rickenbacker Guitars from 1984 to the present

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

travisholmes30

Need a 650 Atlantis.

Post by travisholmes30 »

Barely spent a penny the last 6 weeks because antiquity music store's site says they have an Atlantis in stock. So I check ebay's completed listings to research price and it says the same store had sold it 2 months ago, probably to some coked out shredder who spilled mountain dew on the neck. I am so picky about guitars, but I am obsessed with the Atlantis. I have 1400 to spend on it right now, someone hit me up. neonzebra669@yahoo.com
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Re: Need a 650 Atlantis.

Post by sloop_john_b »

They are pretty, aren't they?

Welcome and good luck, Travis!
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

sloop_john_b wrote:They are pretty, aren't they?

Welcome and good luck, Travis!
+1 :)
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
8mileshigher

Need a 650 Atlantis.

Post by 8mileshigher »

Welcome aboard the RRF ....
You are not the only Forum member on the hunt for one of these ..... see thread
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=408861&p=798069&hi ... is#p795349
travisholmes30

Post by travisholmes30 »

Tried to delete this post but it won't let me. I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for ones being sold in the future, but I can wait for a while. Doesn't feel quite right to beg someone to part with their 650a when they're so hard to come by. Truth be told, I'm not really balling hard enough right now to buy a 1.5 grand guitar anyways. I should have known with a name like Atlantis, it would bestow upon me an unhealthy obsession and probably be impossible to find. Thanks for hearing me out anyways. Check out this vid where I first saw the 650a. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k72zv-h8D4
8mileshigher

Need a 650 Atlantis.

Post by 8mileshigher »

travisholmes30 wrote: I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for ones being sold in the future, but I can wait for a while. Doesn't feel quite right to beg someone to part with their 650a when they're so hard to come by. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k72zv-h8D4
Travis --- don't despair, you just need to keep looking... on the RRF, on Craig's List, on E-Bay and on various local advertiser publications. It may take awhile, but its not that you have to beg someone to sell theirs. An Atlantis model pops up now and then; Or sometimes you might find some Forum member or collector decides to thin out their herd, etc.

That's a great little YouTube you posted of Silian Rail ..... there's another one of Silian Rail playing at Rasputin Records in Berkeley with that 650 Atlantis, but the recording's sound quality is not so good on the Rasputin's tune
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLwy9z2OuAI

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Modern Years - After 1983”