Roundup

Gretsch Forum and For Sale Ads

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

sashua

Roundup

Post by sashua »

I am working on a deal for a Gretsch Roundup that was on E-Bay and I am now trading for.
Can you guys please have a look at it and tell me if it is worth the asking price in the condition it is in. It looks like it needs a bit of work but it is priced at 25%-35% below what a clean one would sell for...and I think that there is bargaining room.
I gave them a deposit and they ended the listing. I'll be negotiating the deal on the weekend.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-Gretsch-Ro ... 6016.l4276

Any advice on what is going on around the neck pickup? Looks like a bad refin or maybe someone tried to enlarge the cavity and then wood-filled the job maybe?

Thanks,
Russ
collin

Re: Roundup

Post by collin »

Can't speak with any authority on the price, but $7k sounds like a solid deal for such a rare guitar. I've seen really clean Roundups at $12-$13k and they're certainly not easy to find.

Gorgeous example, even with the finish spot-repair. :shock:
libratune
Veteran RRF member

Post by libratune »

Looks like some solvent was used around the neck PU. Those knotty pine tops are a b**ch they don't age well as the pine esp. around the knots in wood holds a lot of resin which sometimes seeps out over time. Just a guess that is not a covered route on the neck PU but a spot of solvent/finish mismatch.

I agree with Collin that pricing at $7K area is a good deal. Looks like a nice example otherwise.
sashua

Post by sashua »

Thanks guys! I really needed some validation on this one. I am going to go for it!

Return to “Going Gretsch Forum:”