Is there such a thing?

Non-Rickenbacker Basses, Fretless Basses & Effects

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Re: Is there such a thing?

Post by rickenbrother »

jps wrote:I totally agree about the pickguard, the shape of it is pretty lame IMO, but Pickguardian could come to the rescue on that. The other thing I would prefer is a pan knob for the pickups along with a toggle or two to take care of the various pickup choices instead of the blade switch, but then I may feel differently about that if I ever get to actually play one.
On the HH models, it is nice how the switch is wired to have the pickups go to single coils like a Jazz Bass to humbuckers, like the MusicMan Sabre, which I thought I would like the sound of better than or equal to the Dimension Bass. however after A/Bing them, I liked the sound of the Dimension Bass more. The other con in my opinion about the Dimension Bass is the 18V preamp. Two 9 volt batteries? Worrying about just one lasting is bad enough.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: Is there such a thing?

Post by jps »

rickenbrother wrote:The other con in my opinion about the Dimension Bass is the 18V preamp. Two 9 volt batteries? Worrying about just one lasting is bad enough.
That will depend on how well they designed the power management of the preamp; my Rick Turner uses 2 9V batteries and I have yet to replace them, going back to 2005 when I got the bass.

Return to “The Low End”