Envy....

Reports from Germany
grumpylaird

Envy....

Post by grumpylaird »

Hello fellow countrymen (and ladies, of course...),

Happy New Year and all that.

Following the posts in the confluence/conference area, I have started wondering whether we 'Rick-ex-Pats" couldn't try to organize an annual or bi-annual meeting n Germany - of course welcoming any kinspeople from other parts of the world....

What do you all think?

Stefan
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: Envy....

Post by jps »

You should organize one,they are a lot of fun. 8)
grumpylaird

Post by grumpylaird »

Thanks for the encouragement, Jeff!
Compared to mainland US, I always feel a little left out. Many guitar shops/dealers don't do Ricks because -probably they think they couldn't sell them in large quantities, even if they had them.

Plus, unless a fellow German Rick afficionado will prove me wrong, we don't really have a vintage market over here....

Stefan
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

If you can get one together open it up to all of Europe; when I did my confluence, RIO!!!, in June 2008, we had people from all over the US, Canada and England show up. It does take time to put a good one together, finding a good date that will, hopefully, work for everyone interested in coming to it, The easier parts are finding a venue/venues for the gathering, be it a hotel conference room, music store, somebody's home, wherever, plus a place to have a musical performance/jam. Those of us who have created these confluences are great resources for information.

Go for it! 8)

Return to “German Chapter: by Markus Horn”