In The Wake Of Poseidon

Non-Rickenbacker Basses, Fretless Basses & Effects

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

jps
RRF Consultant

Re: In The Wake Of Poseidon

Post by jps »

edski wrote:It's not like it's the first time I've listened to it. :) And at times I can get into it...I just don't think it's their best effort.

The rest of the album smokes.
But are you smoking when listening to it? :wink:
Billsbro

Post by Billsbro »

Triangle suddenly sounds better!
SquireFan91

Post by SquireFan91 »

Big KC fan here, especially Court, Poseidon, and the Wetton years. Peter did play an RM FG on this album, but it sound like Greg might have turned him on to Rotosound rounds, too bright for flats for my ear. Also, though Greg only did vocals on the record, most of the songs were written well before he left and he played then on stage with the band live, as heard on Ladies Of The Road. In fact, Pictures of a City was originally titled A Man A City, and the turnarounds were much more sparse and almost disjointed, creating a more glaring difference from Schizoid Man. And one more fun fact. Devil's Triangle was the closer at the fateful Hyde park show where Crimson debuted, but the Holst estate would not let the band release the piece under it's original title, Mars, Bringer of War. So the name was changed for copyright purposes. Later, Emerson Lake and Powell would record their own version under the original title. Despite the similarly to ITCOTCK, I think ITWOP is a terribly underrated album.
Bass guitarist, flautist, guitarist, and vocalist
amalgameffect.bandcamp.com
Rickenbacker 4003S Bass
PRS SE Santana (w/piezo) Electric Guitar
Taylor GC3 Acoustic Guitar
Powell Silhouette Flute
vjf1968

Post by vjf1968 »

I own it but I have to say the following album, "Lizard" is a better one. That is the one that separates King Crimson fans for some reason. The Steve Wison 5.1 re-mix of it is a must have

Return to “The Low End”