NZ Chapter?

Reports from Australia
cjj
RRF Moderator

NZ Chapter?

Post by cjj »

I guess this isn't exactly the right place to post this, but hey, it's close.

We need to start a New Zealand chapter...

Oh wait, I'm probably about the only one here, plus, I've probably got most of the Ricks in NZ anyway...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
manta
Intermediate Member

Re: NZ Chapter?

Post by manta »

Let's ask the US if it is OK to annex Guam as a county (a bit to your north). We can up the membership by at least 4 bodies and 8 guitars that way!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, I may know someone who can join the Kiwi RIC Chapter. Let me ask around. 8) 8)
Manta (Tim Rock)
http://www.mantaraymusic.com
1993 Plus FG, 730L-12, 4001FL, Danelectro 6/12, Storyboard Strat
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

There are a few members listed as being in NZ, but not many posts from any of 'em...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
manta
Intermediate Member

Post by manta »

I've got a friend up in Auckland who knows quite a few folks. I'll see if he can muster some RIC-o-files! (notice we're the only ones chatting here as everyone else is asleep back in 'merica! :lol: :lol: )
Manta (Tim Rock)
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Yeah, but the guys in OZ should be up. Probably out getting the long holiday weekend started...
:lol:
antipodean

Post by antipodean »

Yeah, we're all too busy planning our consecutive long weekends..... 8) or being stuck in traffic trying to get to our vacation destination... :evil:
"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Traffic might just be preferable to the deluge of rain that will dominate everyone's holiday here...
:(
manta
Intermediate Member

Post by manta »

Here's my Guam sunset as seen from a meter below. Sunny and mild (just pretty much like every day of the year):
Picasso.jpg
Manta (Tim Rock)
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

cjj wrote:Oh wait, I'm probably about the only one here, plus, I've probably got most of the Ricks in NZ anyway...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mmmm . . . I think there's at least two other chaps that might give you a run for your money.

Philip Hart comes to mind, as does Tex von Kwiatkowski. I think both are or were members here. Roger Smith probably has more than a few but I know he doesn't hang his hat here.

However, it just hit me that you're South Island, so it's probably safe to make that statement for that region at least!
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Oddly enough, I was in a guitar shop in Whanganui a couple of weeks ago and the owner mentioned that a guy named Tex stops in from time to time. Definitely a small world here when it comes to Ricks...
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

I have a photo here taken by Tex that shows his Model 330 MG, a 1996 FG, and a 340 special with F Hole with gold plastics. In the photo is another photo of him holding a Model 330 Red with black trim, with a 620 FG and possibly a 360 JG in the back ground. I also know he has a Model 1000 and a Model 381 JetGlo.

It's a nice selection of gear- but I see no basses, so maybe there's room for a bassist?
manta
Intermediate Member

Post by manta »

Tex von Kwiatkowski? Sounds like a character from a Quentin Tarantino movie! :lol:

I'd like to see his collection, however. I'll be through in August or Sept 2015 if ya want to plan a NZRC!
Manta (Tim Rock)
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

manta wrote:Tex von Kwiatkowski? Sounds like a character from a Quentin Tarantino movie! :lol:

I'd like to see his collection, however. I'll be through in August or Sept 2015 if ya want to plan a NZRC!
That'll work for me! Looks like we won't need a very big place to meet...
:lol:

Return to “Australian Chapter: by Greg Rahilly”