McCartney Live and the Father / Child Experience

The history and music of the Fab Four
ch willie

McCartney Live and the Father / Child Experience

Post by ch willie »

Like a lot of you, I've been a McCartney fan since I was a kid. I really started digging him when the Band on the Run album came out. That was when i got Beatles fever.

I've always admired his bass playing, and I still marvel. Yesterday, I listened to a bunch of his isolated bass tracks. Cheezus Crosst! The man is a monster of melody. I knew it, but hearing those raw bass tracks was still enlightening.

I've seen him live twice--once in Cincinnati (93), once in Cologne, Germany (03). Each time, I've had terrible, nosebleed seats (and I have a terrible fear of heights).

So tickets went on sale for Nashville, and I scored floor seats--in the back mid, but still floor seats.

The greatest thing is that I'm taking my 23 year old son. It's something that means a lot to me, and I want to share it with him. I know that's a common feeling among Beatles fans and their kids. My son has always liked The Beatles, but it was only in the last year that he's actively listed to them. He's a casual fan, but still a fan. It'll be a special night for us.

Any of you have the McCartney Live Parent / Child Experience?
All the world's a stage, albeit with mountains, plains, oceans, rivers, buildings, towers, animals, humans, plants, and Armour's Spam.

Return to “Beatles' Forum”