Sweets From The Searchers

Answers to your questions about The Searchers
mdenger
Veteran RRF member

Sweets From The Searchers

Post by mdenger »

Finally available, almost 2000 pages: pictures, articles from the music press, millions of records, history of the group etc. etc. Not cheap but worth every Pound / Dollar /Euro. Belwo is the the link for the English version of page that gives you all details.

I received the books at my birthday, so it was the best present (I made myself) of that day.

http://www.sweets-from-the-searchers.com/en/

Enjoy it

Michael
einar
Veteran RRF member

Re: Sweets From The Searchers

Post by einar »

I received mine too, and am very happy to have it in my house. This is a work you will not get finished with in a day or two, it's massive. Looking forward to weeks and months of studying. I will always find something of interest: I never thought about Frank being lead singer on Crazy Dreams?!
All fac similes of press articles are very impressive, readable all of them as far as I have found them yet.
Something must be missing though- till now I haven't found a mention of the "Drumming up Vibrations" book by Paul Francis- a very substantional contribution to the legacy of Tony Jackson. But it may be in there somewhere.

I can't help but mentioning some cons. The total weight is 5 (or 6?) kg. If you happen to live across the sea or ocean from Germany, this means that post expence adds considerably to the already .. eh noticeable prize. The cost exclude some potentional buyers, I believe. I can easily understand Friedhelm's wish to see everything included. But maybe some "less is more" thinking would have helped to make the colossal effort agreeable to more buyers. Personally, I could have lived without complete illustrations of every thinkable record label, e.g. The bilinguality German/English also adds to the size, but I won't critizise that. And all the English readers don't need to be afraid of the foreign language- mostly everything is dubbed.

Just a very few lines about a very impressive Labour of love, to quote Frank Allen. Congratulations to Friedhelm, what a joy it must be to see the result of the work of almost a whole life time materialize at last. Thank you a lot!
royclough
RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

Einar

It is without doubt Mike Pender vocal on Crazy Dreams, I have not bought the books but credit to the guy a labour of love.
mdenger
Veteran RRF member

Post by mdenger »

Hi Einar, I know Friedhelm personally. He has most of the published records, but I helped him with the singers through their RCA period. I think he is not too familiar with the different voices. Nevertheless a great collection.

Michael

Return to “Searchers' Forum: by Roy Clough”