Happy birthday woodyng!

Announcements, Birthdays, Congratulations, Commemorations & Obituaries

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Re: Happy birthday woodyng!

Post by Kiddwad57 »

whew! Glad to hear you've still got all of the Ricks. I know what you're saying about the p-bass neck, in the end it didn't work out for me. I went from a Hagstrom to the p-bass, to a Hofner (that was a shift), to the Jazz. If the hum starts getting to you, check out the Bill Lawrence designed Fender SCNs, from the "mod shop." I put them in the fiver and like them a lot.
Don't let democracy end democracy.
woodyng

Re: Happy birthday woodyng!

Post by woodyng »

Kiddwad57 wrote:whew! Glad to hear you've still got all of the Ricks. I know what you're saying about the p-bass neck, in the end it didn't work out for me. I went from a Hagstrom to the p-bass, to a Hofner (that was a shift), to the Jazz. If the hum starts getting to you, check out the Bill Lawrence designed Fender SCNs, from the "mod shop." I put them in the fiver and like them a lot.
Oh,The neck is fine,just needs some fret filing. I like both the necks,and don't find them difficult to switch between.. And so far i'm loving the j bass tone with both pickups full on,so no hum there. The sound of the stock pickups is one of the best things about the J. I'm realizing that all of these basses have barely been played,and i think i'm actually going to be the one to break them in. ( my friend is more a collector than player,and moreso a guitarist than bass player- probably the reason why the 21 year old Smith bass is so pristine!)
I have installed a Lace Sensor man o war PJ set in my Fernandes 8-string bass,and really love them.

Return to “Landmarks”