Transonic 200

Tube and solidstate amplifiers made by Rickenbacker

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Dennis

Transonic 200

Post by Dennis »

Hi everyone. I'm considering the sale of my 1968 Rickenbacker Transonic 200. Just posting to see if there's interest out there, and what the value is. I will have pictures soon. It is in excellent condition. All electronics work 100%. It has the chrome trolley stand, though the casters don't turn very well. It's perfect otherwise with no rust. The head is fully functional with all the lights and effects working. The speaker cabinet has three speakers, two 12"s and one 15". The 15" has been re-coned. The cabinet has been recovered with the exact same original Rickenbacker tolex. Here's the interesting thing about it. I was told by the dealer I bought it from that that particular cabinet toured with Led Zeppelin. I didn't really care at the time as I just wanted that particular speaker combination. The logo on it is upside down because it was designed to be mounted on top of another speaker. It didn't originally have a serial number plate (the dealer put it on when I bought it). I have kept it covered and cared for it for almost 30 years. I used a variac to gradually bring the voltage up when it hadn't been used in a while. What would be the best venue to find a new home for it? Really, I believe this should be in a museum. It's in near perfect condition.
strummersteve

Re: Transonic 200

Post by strummersteve »

Dennis wrote: I used a Variac to gradually bring the voltage up when it hadn't been used in a while. or it? Really, I believe this should be in a museum. It's in near perfect condition.
I have a few tube amps that I have not used for quite some time. Where would I purchase a Variac and how would I increase the voltage (Time and Voltage Increments)?
"A Splendid Time Is Guaranteed For All"
Dennis

Re: Transonic 200

Post by Dennis »

Look up "Variable AC Transformer" on e-bay under electrical and test equipment. If you're in England, naturally, you'll need one with a 240V input.

Return to “Rickenbacker Amplifiers”