NGD - 362/12 FG doubleneck!

Transition years of Rickenbacker Guitars from 1973-1983 inclusive

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

iiipopes
Intermediate Member

Re: NGD - 362/12 FG doubleneck!

Post by iiipopes »

kennyhowes wrote:Update:

- Bypassed the .0047mfd cap for the treble pickups. Just put a jumper in, in case I want to use the cap again.

- Replaced the foam pad on the six-string neck's bridge pickup (old one was worn down and pickup was too far from the strings).

These two things have really brought the mids out and make this thing sound raunchy, like it should.
I would have been happy to send you my wiring diagram for the 5th knob in/out switch for the .0047 inline, but I understand if you don't want to mess with the original wiring. Did you jumper it per the Mr. JH legend - with a piece of chewing gum foil?
kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Post by kennyhowes »

iiipopes wrote: I would have been happy to send you my wiring diagram for the 5th knob in/out switch for the .0047 inline, but I understand if you don't want to mess with the original wiring. Did you jumper it per the Mr. JH legend - with a piece of chewing gum foil?
I did consider taking everything out - keeping it, of course - and putting in a new wiring harness with a push pull and all that. But I don't want to have to think about extra switches and things with this one - it'll be enough of a challenge to make sure I'm on the right neck!

And no, I'd forgotten that story, but I went with good ol' regular wire.
Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Post by Kiddwad57 »

Congratulations! Many happy gigs on that double neck. The tale itself is a fine read and inspiring.
Don't let democracy end democracy.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Transition Years - 1973 to 1983”