BARC 2016 -- Bay Area Rickenbacker Confluence

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

xpitt
Intermediate Member

Re: BARC 2016 -- Bay Area Rickenbacker Confluence

Post by xpitt »

wmthor wrote: Paul W, do you have any tips on transporting one of your masterpieces on an airplane? 8)
There's only one solution for a masterpiece : EXTRA SEAT ! 8) (near emergency exit) :wink:
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

wmthor wrote:
donhank wrote:Hmmm . . . have never attended a confluence. Would a Texan be welcome ??
You can add this Texan to the list of attendees for BARC 2016. Airline ticket has been issued and the hotel and rental car reservations have been made. Now the big questions is which lefty Ric should I bring. I'm leaning towards the 730S.

Paul W, do you have any tips on transporting one of your masterpieces on an airplane? 8)
Read up on the AGF, there are lots of threads on flying with a geetar, over there.

To start with , if you don't already have one, get a Hiscox case for the 730S. An Artist model is ideal, but the Pro II will do the job very well (I have a Pro II-000/OM for my Talus).
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

wmthor wrote:You can add this Texan to the list of attendees for BARC 2016. Airline ticket has been issued and the hotel and rental car reservations have been made. Now the big question is which lefty Ric should I bring.
Richard --- that's great that you can attend BARC this year !! :) Look forward to seeing you again !
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

billfark wrote: As a new Rick owner, I was hoping to attend the next Bay Area Confluence and meet some of you nice folks ....
Kevin -- we hope your schedule works out and that you can join the BARC festivities on Sunday, Sep 18th
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

8mileshigher wrote:
woodyng wrote:
donhank wrote:Hmmm . . . have never attended a confluence. Would a Texan be welcome ??
You bet!
:D What Woody said !!
Hi Donhank ---- just checking back in, on your earlier post, if you are considering to come out for BARC in San Jose ?
donhank

Post by donhank »

Hi Rich,

I'm still working on my schedule, so not certain whether or not I could attend. But I've seen all the pics from prior get-togethers and y'all look like you're having way too much fun !!

D~
billfark

Post by billfark »

wmthor wrote: You can add this Texan to the list of attendees for BARC 2016. Airline ticket has been issued and the hotel and rental car reservations have been made. Now the big questions is which lefty Ric should I bring. I'm leaning towards the 730S.
If another lefty will be there, then I think I HAVE to go now. :D I'll head down to SJ after the Giants game.

Hopefully I have my 360/12 back from the shop before then. If not, I'll have to show up empty-handed. I may have to anyway, since I don't plan on leaving my Rick in the car unattended while I'm at the game. If I go home to the East Bay to pick it up after, I definitely won't be in SJ before the event ends.

Richard - Maybe you and I can work something out if I'm able to drive down there on Sunday morning to drop off my guitar beforehand.

-Kevin
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

billfark wrote:
wmthor wrote: You can add this Texan to the list of attendees for BARC 2016. Airline ticket has been issued and the hotel and rental car reservations have been made. Now the big questions is which lefty Ric should I bring. I'm leaning towards the 730S.
If another lefty will be there, then I think I HAVE to go now. :D I'll head down to SJ after the Giants game.

Hopefully I have my 360/12 back from the shop before then. If not, I'll have to show up empty-handed. I may have to anyway, since I don't plan on leaving my Rick in the car unattended while I'm at the game. If I go home to the East Bay to pick it up after, I definitely won't be in SJ before the event ends.

Richard - Maybe you and I can work something out if I'm able to drive down there on Sunday morning to drop off my guitar beforehand.

-Kevin
Kevin -- check with Doug F (via PM or Facebook) about dropping your instrument off, as Doug is our San Jose resident coordinating the event with Guitar Showcase. Doug's contact name on RRF is analogpackrat
wmthor
Veteran RRF member

Post by wmthor »

billfark wrote:If another lefty will be there, then I think I HAVE to go now. :D I'll head down to SJ after the Giants game. ...
-Kevin
Kevin, I don't have a problem listening to my guitars being played by someone else. I leaning towards bringing my 730S, but haven't ruled out of the 1997 or Carl Wilson. I do know that I'll only be bringing one of the three.
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH
billfark

Post by billfark »

Hi Richard - I wasn't assuming anything of course, so what I meant is that I've never even seen two lefty Ricks in the same room before! :D I do appreciate this, though.

As long as I have my 360/12 back from the shop before the event, you're certainly welcome to play it as well. That may influence your decision regarding which guitar to bring, since there will already be something there that is at least somewhat similar to your CW for you to play.

In fact, if I have it and am able to drop it off down there in the morning, you may get more playing time on it that day than I will!

-Kevin
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

* * * U P D A T E * * *

BARC (Bay Area Rickenbacker Confluence), Sunday Sept 18th --- San Jose

All Rickenbacker enthusiasts are invited ....
Guitar Showcase
3090 South Bascom Avenue, San Jose, Calif
Tel: (408) 377 5864

http://www.guitarshowcase.com/

Set up time at 12:30 PM
We need to pack all our gear out by 5:30 PM

Please remember to bring sufficient guitar and bass stands for all your instruments.

Here's a preview of who we have heard from, or are anticipating will be joining the BARC festivities here in September. And a big round of applause to Doug F. who has worked with Guitar Showcase to get them to sponsor our event and use their fantastic studio !! Guitar Showcase are an awesome Rickenbacker dealer ! :D

BARC Attendees

Doug F Analogpackrat
Don (Doug's pal who attended last year and owns an early 60's Ric)
Richard B wmthor from Texas
Paul W
Gareth
Gary F
Harry B Hieronymous
Kevin B billfark
John A from the Bobbleheads
Rich
Kira ---- heard from her a few week's back, so assuming she's still going to join BARC

Hopefuls or still looking at their calendars, or waiting to hear from

Woody
Pete, the drummer
Donhank
Steve F buddydog
RonLovesRic12 strings
Michael skelt101
Johnny Walker Lefty4001
modrock

Post by modrock »

as i type with one hand, i look forward to meeting up again....i'll bring 1993plus only, sorry no amp ,,,i can't play for another month but you're all welcome to try my 1993plus

See you there !

Gary F. ( modrock ) Santa Rosa :D :D :D
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Just giving our BARC thread a little "bump" here .....

Sunday afternoon, Sept 18th at 8) Guitar Showcase, on South Bascom Ave, in San Jose, California

Bring your Rickenbackers ! :D
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

BARC Update

I heard from Kira and she confirmed attending.
:)
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

* * * U P D A T E * * *

BARC (Bay Area Rickenbacker Confluence)
Sunday Sept 18th --- San Jose, Calif

All Rickenbacker enthusiasts are invited ....
Guitar Showcase
3090 South Bascom Avenue, San Jose, Calif
Tel: (408) 377 5864

http://www.guitarshowcase.com/

Time is : 12:30 PM till 5:30 PM

Here's the Update:

BARC attendees :

Doug F --- Analogpackrat
Don --- (Doug's pal who attended last year and owns an early 60's Ric)
Richard B wmthor from Texas
Paul W
Kira
Gareth
Gary F
Harry B --- Hieronymous
Kevin B --- billfark
Rich
Dan & Kaycee, duo of vocals and multi-instrumentalists: keyboards, 4003 bass, guitar, etc. friends of Doug
John A from the Bobbleheads

John is also talking to a drummer or two that he knows who can possibly sit-in ....

Hopefuls or still looking at their calendars, or waiting to hear from

Woody
Pete, the drummer
Donhank
Steve F buddydog
RonLovesRic12 strings
Michael skelt101
Johnny Walker Lefty4001

Please remember to bring sufficient guitar and bass stands for all your instruments. A big round of "Thanks" to the folks at Guitar Showcase, who are an authorized Rickenbacker dealer !

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”