Going Under the Hammer

History and music of Liverpool
hamilton_square

Going Under the Hammer

Post by hamilton_square »

“A Beatle's suitcase and Elvis 'autograph' among rock and roll treasure trove to be auctioned”

Items seized from [New Brighton] museum at request of the High Court will go under the hammer at Clwyd Auctions this coming Monday, 8th August

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-w ... g-11706355

If you are out there Geoff Hogarth, what can you tell us about this?

As much has I’ve been able to piece together so far, the items to be auctioned were seized by High Court order from the Merseybeat Hall of Fame Museum inside Fort Perch Rock, New Brighton. While no reason was given for the seizure, I suspect there were rightful ownership issues. For, as I understand it, all of the items and memorabilia on display in the museum were either donated or loaned by contributors. Could well be a case (but, this is only an informed guess on my part) that the family estate of one such late contributor wanted previously loaned items returned and were forced to go to the High Court in London to obtain permission to have them legally removed from the museum.

Geoff; is this somehow related to the late Harry Prytherch, former drummer of the Remo Four, who was very closely involved with the Merseybeat Hall of Fame Museum. Please do put me right if I’m wide of the mark?
13_temple_street
RRF Consultant

Re: Going Under the Hammer

Post by 13_temple_street »

I am still out here Peter!
I am clueless I was not aware of the suitcase. I have enquired amongst some of the fast dwindling 50s/60s musicians with negative results. Nice to hear from you Peter.
13_temple_street
RRF Consultant

Re: Going Under the Hammer

Post by 13_temple_street »

Peter; The contents of the suitcase have been returned to the museum at Perch Rock by the courts after an affidavit and a injunction was served by the owner of Perch Rock. The contents of the case were donations to the museum .

Return to “Liverpool Project: by Admin”