Rick TR 7 Guitar/Camp combo

Tube and solidstate amplifiers made by Rickenbacker

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

scoobster28
Veteran RRF member

Rick TR 7 Guitar/Camp combo

Post by scoobster28 »

I just noticed on the Guitar Center website that there is a Rickenbacker TR & Guitar/Amp combo in the store literally right around the corner from me for $250. As it turns out, though I am rarely at GC my wife and I are going tonight to look at new guitars. I only currently have a small practice amp.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Ricken ... mbo-Amp.gc

Is this a good amp, and a good price? I like the idea that it is a Rickenbacker, but know absolutely nothing about Ric amps and likely won't have any time to research before I go tonight.

Thanks.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Re: Rick TR 7 Guitar/Camp combo

Post by jdogric12 »

Great amp, but I'd never pay that insane price. I'm stocked up at the moment... email me if you want one of mine for $100. I'm near DC if that helps.
scoobster28
Veteran RRF member

Post by scoobster28 »

Thanks for the warning about the price. Having never seen one in person (though I haven't been looking for them either), I had no idea what is good or bad. DC isn't too far from where I live, so I will keep that mind in the future.

Thanks!
Pentti Saares

Post by Pentti Saares »

Month ago I almost bought one TR7 from Germany (I live in Finland) 'cause I thought price was OK when it was about $40,-

I got one TR25 and it's quite decent amp but I prefer valves and have just aquired B9A and M8E for playing with Rick-O-Sound. What a difference it makes!
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

The TR7 is a great amp for what it is - a small non-tube thing. It gets LOUD for its wattage and size. It's trebley, so you have to crank the bass and go easy on the treble, but it's workable.

Return to “Rickenbacker Amplifiers”