NGD and NBD

Modern years of Rickenbacker Guitars from 1984 to the present

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Tubwompus

NGD and NBD

Post by Tubwompus »

Ok, so I’m old, which means I’ve not edjumicated myownself about how to post pics.....

BUT...

I just scored a Rick 12-string that my underdeveloped skills can actually PLAY, in the form an FG 1993 PLUS.
I bow in heartfelt gratitude to the Halls for coming out with this magnificent instrument!
The neck...OY, THE NECK!!!!
I have a 350/12v63 which I adore and when my chops have improved, hopefully I’ll be able to play it as easily as you guys prob’ly already can. I have a 660/12JG on order from the lovely and talented Andy Babiuk but since there’s no way to really know when she’ll show up...AND I have some sessions coming up where I’m gonna need the inimitable tone...AND my 350/12 certainly has it but god only knows how many takes I’ll blow in trying to get one with perfect execution (certainly not the guitar’s fault), I had to move quickly and snag the aforementioned 1993 PLUS. Jeezus how I love it.

I also scored from the ubiquitous Mr. Babiuk my first Rick bass in the form of a JG 4003. Onlyest Rick bass tones I ever actually liked (knowing I was hearing a Rick) are/were McCartney’s and David Paton’s on the Pilot records. (Did I mention I’m old?) I had no idea of the tonal flexibility of a Rick bass until I had a chance to really spend some time exploring this one. They’re truly their own thing. I get it now.

Anyway, YAY for me!!!!

Please resume rocking in your usual granite-like fashion.

That is all.

(Edditid fer spelin)
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Re: NGD and NBD

Post by jdogric12 »

Congrats and welcome Sam. Be sure to post links to the music you record with them!

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Modern Years - After 1983”