Why NO RIC Parts???? everything seems to be backordered

Setup, repair and restoration of Rickenbacker Instruments

Moderator: jingle_jangle

3bound

Why NO RIC Parts???? everything seems to be backordered

Post by 3bound »

So what's up with Rickenbacker parts?

Seems so many of the parts are back ordered.
newer
One thing I'm looking for is a set of vintage style tuners for a 12 string and seems everyone is out.
And I need a set of 6 long post if I use Kluson or other vintage style...yeah good luck with that too.

After doing quite a bit of searching it appears there are many other parts that are also on back order.
Anyone know what is up?
3bound

Re: Why NO RIC Parts???? everything seems to be backordered

Post by 3bound »

These long posts tuners seem to be a Rickenbacker exclusive from my research thus far.

Feel sorry for someone who desperately needs one for a repair or restoration.
If anyone has any info on these I'm all ears.
collin

Post by collin »

3bound wrote:These long posts tuners seem to be a Rickenbacker exclusive from my research thus far.

This isn't a Gibson or a Fender.

Despite it's place in the pantheon of guitar brands, Rickenbacker is still essentially a low-volume manufacturer (maybe even intentionally!)

Parts are produced in much smaller quantities than the big, corporate guitar brands and they are first used to finish production instruments before parts are made available in the boutique.

Personally, I think it's pretty cool that they even offer parts direct from the factory, even if it means having to be patient sometimes.

Besides, if you want to talk long wait times to complete a restoration, let's talk about the six years it took for me to find a 4005 tailpiece. :lol:
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Six years, Collin? You mean you didn't want to pop for that $1000 one that's been on Reverb off and on for the last 3 years? :D
collin

Post by collin »

jingle_jangle wrote:Six years, Collin? You mean you didn't want to pop for that $1000 one that's been on Reverb off and on for the last 3 years? :D
:lol:

Perhaps it's part of the wrecked 4005 in Cologne Germany that's been on eBay for something like 15 years. :roll:

I was quite pleased to find a 4005 tailpiece at the very reasonable price of $350 or so. They certainly don't come around often.
kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Post by kennyhowes »

collin wrote:
jingle_jangle wrote:Six years, Collin? You mean you didn't want to pop for that $1000 one that's been on Reverb off and on for the last 3 years? :D
:lol:

Perhaps it's part of the wrecked 4005 in Cologne Germany that's been on eBay for something like 15 years. :roll:

I was quite pleased to find a 4005 tailpiece at the very reasonable price of $350 or so. They certainly don't come around often.
I keep thinking about getting that one and doing a wacky customization on it. But not at the asking price!
Juditolleson

Post by Juditolleson »

3bound wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:25 pm These long posts tuners seem to be a Rickenbacker exclusive from my research thus far.

that's because this isn't a Gibson or a Fender.
Bighouse
Intermediate Member

Post by Bighouse »

Wait- parts are sometimes made available directly from the factory? Does this include parts for the 4001s??? I would love to replace my slightly warped tailpiece.

Oh, I see the 4003 V2 tailpiece and bridge can be purchased to replace my original. I sure like the adjustment capability in the photos I see- anyone retrofit their 4001 with this V2 unit? Looks every bit as adjustable for intonation and action as the hipshot one- but has better lines and more like the original.
Because I told you before- oh, you can't do that.

Return to “"Vibrola" Rickenbacker Technical Forum: By Paul Wilczynski”