IRON DOOR

Discuss the early days of the Club with the manager.
13_temple_street
RRF Consultant

Re: IRON DOOR

Post by 13_temple_street »

Eric London Group One on stage being filmed for The Mersey Sound 1963 BBC documentary featuring the Beatles and the Undertakers (best wishes to you Chris). L - R On drums, the late, great Harry Prytherch ex Remo 4, lead guitar Dave Williams ex Jaywalkers, 4 Originals, mygoodself ex Farons Flamingos, on bass, with the late Keith Stokes ex Remo 4, on rhythm guitar and vocals (trying to hide behind the pillar). Making that documentary was a truly exciting and eye opening experience - the BBC crew was equally upbeat throughout, with Don Haworth the Producer going on to produce the Fred Dibnah (steeplejack) series. The research meetings in the Lord Nelson Hotel with the production team introduced me to red wine (used as a tongue loosener!!) with Art Smith the leading cameraman in control of the kitty as I recall! We also filmed interviews at the Cavern, usually on Sunday mornings with the make up girl applying artificial sweat (perspiration if you prefer), to make it look as though we had just been on stage!! My fleeting experience of TV production - never to be forgotten!! Oh yes! from memory, I recall us being paid a one off fee of £15 each (plus red wine and Chinese meals) - no repeats .........Well spotted Jeffery ,this article by Eric London may explain why the people dancing in the basement were neat and tidy. ...
13_temple_street
RRF Consultant

Post by 13_temple_street »

I agree with you Peter, very rare interior photograph of the Iron Door. Apologies the date for the photograph should read 1963 .
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

13_temple_street wrote:I agree with you Peter, very rare interior photograph of the Iron Door. Apologies the date for the photograph should read 1963 .
Geoff the management of the Iron Door was always right. Looks like 1963 to me. :wink:
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Return to “Iron Door Club Forum: by Geoff Hogarth”