Happy Friday Meeting Place

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

admin
Site Admin

Re: Happy Friday Meeting Place

Post by admin »

Back with my 350 and the Boss RC-500 this weekend. In the ins and outs of this looper are a bit of a challenge but it is great fun. What are you up to?
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Ugh. swamped at work. So I haven't been playing much. Awaiting arrival of a gold TRC so I can change the 330 Sea Green to gold TRC, guards, and oven knobs.
stringsncords
Intermediate Member

Post by stringsncords »

Two solo gigs down (Thursday and Friday) and one more to go on Saturday.

This weeks arsenal is a Martin D42 for 2 sets, and my 330/12 VP for one set, which included Hotel California, Lucky Man, If I Needed Someone,
Wish You Were Here, Turn the Page.
Sugarcane

Post by Sugarcane »

Sorry I'm late (again).

Been busy and stressed at the office, lately. Not being able to gig and my bassist still in intensive care makes everything even more bitter.

Anyway, last Friday I finally got to get some gymming again, something I hadn't been doing since the pandemic started to look really ugly. Can't wait to get a little bit more fit.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Not Friday, but today I played the Snowglo 4004L for a few hours while watch the Styrian GP.
teeder

Post by teeder »

Looks like I'm late here. I do have a gig coming up on the 4th. 1st time with the old band back together in 2 years.

My bass playing certainly isn't what it used to be. :(
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Let's hear what's happening this weekend for you with your Rickenbacker! Maybe a string change for me with my 12 string.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
Sugarcane

Post by Sugarcane »

Howdy everyone! Happy 4th to all the American friends here.

No guitar this Friday. My bassist is still under intensive care and I got a lot of chores to do. Did some gymming in the morning and in the evening I’ll have a sixpack of Buds and watch Bosch on Amazon Prime Video with the missus.
Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Post by Kiddwad57 »

Late to the date again myself. I played a Beatles tribute for a choir organization on June 26th. Really fun, with some long time friends in the band. Did I say hot? It was 113 degrees! The best part is that even though the Beatles brought me in to this racket, it's not a repertoire I get to play from much. I mean, a I Saw Her Standing There here and a Come Together there, but to play (among others) Strawberry Fields and Penny Lane, with a bodacious trumpet solo...not hardly. So, lots of fun.
Don't let democracy end democracy.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Nathan, a great report. Strawberry Fields Forever!

Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Post by Kiddwad57 »

Thanks Peter, Cranberry sauce to you!
Sugarcane

Post by Sugarcane »

So, what's cookin' for your Friday, fellow Rickslingers?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Time to change the strings on my 350.

jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Sérgio wrote:So, what's cookin' for your Friday...?
This is:

https://www.cafetandoorcleveland.com
Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Post by Kiddwad57 »

No gigs per se this weekend, but an orchestral concert in the park looms in a couple of weeks, my first, post shut down. I gotta remember which end of the bow to hold. I have been jamming/rehearsing/B.S.ing (lots of B.S.ing) with a jazz combo for some upcoming gigs as well. So things are ramping up.

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”