Treble Bezel by Tubeampology

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

T28

Treble Bezel by Tubeampology

Post by T28 »

Anybody have a phone number for these guys?

I placed an order last month that was apparently lost in the mail and I have been trying to reach them to send me a replacement or refund my money.
They shipped it out quick enough but have been unresponsive to answering my emails (directed by their support page).

I was trying to support small business but if they won't respond, I will cancel and get a refund through paypal and then buy the Rickenbacker version.

Anyone with a phone number (or an email besides the one on their website that they might respond to), I would appreciate it.

Thanks
espidog

Re: Treble Bezel by Tubeampology

Post by espidog »

I've just done a Whois search on their domain name: https://www.whois.com/whois/thetreblebezel.com

...and it didn't help much. The company is (perfectly legally) hiding its names and contact details behind a Toronto-based company called "Contact Privacy".

The guy who designed and markets the Treble Bezel is called Frank Pistorio: https://www.pdt.com/pdt-spotlight-serie ... torio.html

No phone number, I'm afraid, but this is what I was able to unearth. I hope this gets resolved for you very soon.

ADDED LATER: Apparently, Frank Pistorio is a member of this forum, under the username "sunsetjunk". Might be worth sending him a PM?
2004 4003 JetGlo
Epiphone Jack Casady
Ovation Magnum 1
Mania VTB-4BS
Dean Stylist w/ John Birch Magnum II pups
Yamaha BB414
Trace Elliot VA350/GP11 Mk1
Peavey TB-Raxx
2 BFM Omni 10.5 crossfire cabs
Roland Bass Cube 100
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

espidog wrote:I've just done a Whois search on their domain name: https://www.whois.com/whois/thetreblebezel.com

...and it didn't help much. The company is (perfectly legally) hiding its names and contact details behind a Toronto-based company called "Contact Privacy".
Is Frank in the WPP? :mrgreen:
Happyface

Post by Happyface »

Wow. Sorry to hear. I recently had a great experience with him on an order for a bezel for a CS bass.

He custom made it using that new-fangled 3D additive printing technology. He even made a second version below cost when the first was not a perfect fit, even though that was my fault on the measurements.

I hope he wasn't suddenly stricken with Covid or something.
Currently: Tuxedo, 1972 4000

Past holdings: 1968 4005, Blackstar, 3000, CS, Alembric, Tuxedo, 360-12, Blackstar, 360-12, 1982 4003, Shadow, 4003 SnowGlow, CS in that order.
Korladis

Post by Korladis »

I hope he's okay.

I know the pickup covers have always been plastic, but I wonder if someone could fabricate a metal one for me.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Korladis wrote:I hope he's okay.

I know the pickup covers have always been plastic, but I wonder if someone could fabricate a metal one for me.
Custom metal work is super expensive. Plus it would likely take a few tries to get the size just right. Plus it will add weight (every little bit adds up)
Korladis

Post by Korladis »

jdogric12 wrote:
Korladis wrote:I hope he's okay.

Custom metal work is super expensive. Plus it would likely take a few tries to get the size just right. Plus it will add weight (every little bit adds up)
The weight would be at the body end, though, contributing to good balance. My 4001 is 11lbs. already, but my 4003S is quite a bit lighter than that (and even though it sounds better, it doesn't balance quite as nicely).
T28

Post by T28 »

Had to file a claim with Paypal but withdrew it after Frank contacted me and said he would send another one out.

Of course, about 4 hours after Frank's email, the bezel showed up in my mailbox even though tracking said it was still in California.

So..... Issue resolved. Fits perfect and looks great.
ram

Post by ram »

I love a happy ending....!
The only thing we can perceive are our perceptions - George Berkeley
espidog

Post by espidog »

Good to hear. Post some photies! :)
2004 4003 JetGlo
Epiphone Jack Casady
Ovation Magnum 1
Mania VTB-4BS
Dean Stylist w/ John Birch Magnum II pups
Yamaha BB414
Trace Elliot VA350/GP11 Mk1
Peavey TB-Raxx
2 BFM Omni 10.5 crossfire cabs
Roland Bass Cube 100
T28

Post by T28 »

espidog wrote:Good to hear. Post some photies! :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8kwzblqocekl ... 7.jpg?dl=0
ram

Post by ram »

Looks good!
The only thing we can perceive are our perceptions - George Berkeley
sunsetjunk

Post by sunsetjunk »

Darn, Super late to the party here!!! Everythings good on my end. It's almost new bass day for me, I just ordered a 4003 CB SMG from Wildwood Guitars, should have it next week. Will post pictures. :D
Can't wait to see what these latest versions are like.
Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Post by Kiddwad57 »

Congrats on your new bass, hope it's a beaut. I've had the bezel with the indentation for your thumb on my 4003fl forever. It's a great product. Thanks Frank!
BTW: Are you using a tubeampology bezel, and if so, which flavor?
Don't let democracy end democracy.
sunsetjunk

Post by sunsetjunk »

Hi All,

Everything is good, thanks. I have launched new products and reintroduced some products, you can check them out at www.TheTrebleBezel.com
I also posted a discount code on Rickenbacker Guitars and Basses Facebook group, I will extend that to RickResource forum members.
The code is RGB20, use it at checkout for 20% off. Here's a picture of the treble pickup chrome ring I launched last month,
it shows a standard treble bezel paired with the new pickup chrome ring.
Thanks everyone for all your support through the last 13 years, it's really appreciated. :D

Facebook.JPG

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”