Why can’t we upload pictures easily?

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

lumgimfong
Intermediate Member

Why can’t we upload pictures easily?

Post by lumgimfong »

I always have to scale down my pictures to upload them at the site. On the Letstalkguild forum you can just upload them from your phone without scaling down the pixel size. It’s very easy and convenient. Why is the pixel size restricted at Rick resource? Just wondering. Thanks for the info.
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: Why can’t we upload pictures easily?

Post by jps »

lumgimfong wrote:I always have to scale down my pictures to upload them at the site. On the Letstalkguild forum you can just upload them from your phone without scaling down the pixel size. It’s very easy and convenient. Why is the pixel size restricted at Rick resource? Just wondering. Thanks for the info.
Big files take a lot of server space. It's easy to resize files, you can find apps to do so for your phone no problem. All those other sites you upload to have mucho advertising to pay for those big servers. :wink:
collin

Post by collin »

FWIW -

Some guitar forums require you to pay money before you’re eligible to upload photos at all. I’m grateful that’s not the case at the RRF.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

it annoys me too, but it's better than this site becoming like those others with ads and all kinds of other garbage. I almost never go to TGP anymore. This site is my enjoyable little internet time machine in a way.

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”