New member, joining to register my 4001

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

DesolationBlvd

New member, joining to register my 4001

Post by DesolationBlvd »

Hello! I got around to joining so I could register my 4001 I got about seven years ago. Seeing music videos where Steve Priest, John Taylor (though I don't think he was an extensive Rick user), and Peter Hook (though I was disappointed to learn his "Rick" was a plywood copy) inspired me to seek the 4001. When I got my 4001, the feel won me over. The sound with Rotosound 66s was every bit as glorious as I had imagined, but I'd hate to wear the frets out and have to get it refretted, so it's got Ernie Ball Cobalt Flats and am not losing too much cut.

I also jumped on an eBay listing for a 360/12 at bottom of the current market prices last night, but have my doubts about authenticity. Should I go on further here, or is there a better place to ask this question?
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Re: New member, joining to register my 4001

Post by doctorwho »

Welcome aboard! 8)
DesolationBlvd wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:01 pm ... I also jumped on an eBay listing for a 360/12 at bottom of the current market prices last night, but have my doubts about authenticity. Should I go on further here, or is there a better place to ask this question?
The Rickenbacker Marketplace section might be a more appropriate venue to explore this subject, but that's just my opinion. We are always glad to give advice, wherever the need is! 8)
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”