Update Register Entry for Rick I Sold

Register, Price List, Gallery, RIC Outlet One Offs

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

ric325v63
Veteran RRF member

Update Register Entry for Rick I Sold

Post by ric325v63 »

Hello Peter,

As I was recently perusing the Register I noticed that an entry I made in the early 2000s for a Rick I used to own is still there with the same location of Virginia, USA (where I lived then).

On May 27, 2006 I traded in that Rick to a guitar store who later sold it. I thought for the sake of the accuracy of the Register some note should be added to that entry unless someone else has claimed it in the mean time. The Rick is registered as #1132 in your database. It is a 360/12V64 Jetglo with serial number E4 7798 (May 1991). I bought it in 1999 and sold it in 2006. I have no idea what happened to it. I think I sent you an email about this in 2006 but not sure. Thank you.

Jon
Just make the time to play guitar!
collin

Re: Update Register Entry for Rick I Sold

Post by collin »

Not to downplay your request, but the current location of a guitar is quite far down the list of critical updates needed in the Registry.

There have been countless instances where there are more glaring issues in the Registry, like guitars filed under the wrong serial number (i.e. somebody entered it from a poor photo and I later bought the exact guitar from the photos and the "B" is "D" or similar error), sometimes the same guitar is listed twice in the registry with slightly different numbers.

Other times, there are guitars listed as stolen which have since been recovered, guitars listed as "butchered" which were actually put back together again with its original parts, LOTS of guitars listed under the wrong nomenclature (i.e. a 330S/12 listed as a Rose Morris 1993).

I know the Registry isn't perfect (though it certainly is an impressive collection), but there are a long list of errors within this database, and unfortunately this cannot be edited by users.
ric325v63
Veteran RRF member

Post by ric325v63 »

Oh, I did not ascribe any priority to this topic. I'm aware there are more important changes to make. I just wanted it recorded somewhere so maybe just this thread is it. Thanks.

Jon
Just make the time to play guitar!
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

IMO, if it's not listed under your "My Records" in the Register, then don't worry about it. 8)
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca

Return to “Rickenbacker Register”